1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 900ss Refurb.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by portboy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. good shout, do you mean swop leads around (if poss) ?

2. NGK plugs should be DCPR8E (either 4339 or 4179 depending on the plug cap type.....4339 has a removable nut, 4139 nut is not removable)
    I fitted LB05F or LD05F red caps (with 5K resistor and seals) to fit the 4339 plugs.......can't remember if it was a B or a D though.....B is 10-12mm plug thread D is 14mm. Probably B.

3. Why not? Worth a try.

Try checking the LT coil wiring as well as those from the pick-ups......maybe the pickups have got reversed sending the signal to the wrong coil and HT lead.

4. Got those plugs so i don't need resistored caps i have ordered NGK non resistor right angled caps.

5. Fitted Exy's cable kit today, guess what the old lady burst into life, happy days. Will probably pull the motor out now and get it cleaned and painted.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Bet you're happy. :upyeah: The most similar happy I had was my first "motorbike" a Suzuki 50 non-runner/unknown runner for £5. It came without a kickstart, had an automatic clutch but you couldn't bump start it like you could a Honda 50. When I realised this I coughed up for the k/start lever and waited for a week or so while it was posted from the main Suzuki distributors in Poole, it cost more than the motorbike. I didn't expect it to work but it went within a few kicks.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Nice one Chris.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Congrats, fills you with hope doesn’t it.
    You can get cracking now!
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Managed a couple of hours again today, great being retired. Nearly ready to attempt dropping the motor out . Loads of cable ties snipped , airbox, and carbs off, drained the oil and bunged up the orifices.

P1040107.JPG

P1040108.JPG

P1040109.JPG

P1040110.JPG

P1040111.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  10. What's the reason for the hose clamp? Stopping fuel from the carbs?

If you are going to strip the carbs, don't forget the tiny filter in the T piece between the carbs.

Looks like you need some new rubber manifold connectors.

11. Clamping hydraulic fluid for clutch slave, carbs are going to be left alone it runs fine, carb connectors are fine no signs of being perished.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Have you got a broken frame PB or is it meant to be like that? First pic, far side, where it extends under where the seat would be.

Also, where’s it been that the engine is that corroded?

13. Well spotted hawk eye.

14. In the photo the right hand carb rubber appears to either have an internal split or there is a chunk missing from the sealing ring.

15. None of that would put me off though, I'd love to do a resto on that, I'm a little envious @portboy

• Like Like x 2
  16. The engine is out and about an hour with wire brushes and scrapers is looking much better already. You hawk-eyes must have wank-eyes frame and carb rubbers are fine, leave the tadger alone. Seriously though thanks for the input at nearly 70 i am bound miss something one day.
    Tea break.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Nice one, now put down that brew and crack on!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Here's an update, with also a request, can anyone help with a pair of top inner timing belt covers mine are kettled.

P1040112.JPG

P1040116.JPG

P1040117.JPG

P1040118.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  19. Must be one of those Optical illusions!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. You and me both, so if I can see something in what would be the left hand carb rubber (right one in the photo) with my bad eyes..........

P1040111.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information