1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 900ss Refurb.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by portboy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. apologies might be due, i will check again tomorrow , the cave is on shutdown now, tee hee, thanks Arquebus.

2. Don't leave any Snickers lying around for those four legged furrys.:thinkingface:@West Cork Paul

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Regarding inner timing belt covers, I haven’t got any Tony, they are nearly always perished and distorted.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Will have to check mine out!

5. must get pretty hot up around there..... thanks Chris.

6. front cylinder affected most as more in the line of fire but it's generally something you can live with. It's unusual but if the trailing edge tongue distorts towards timing belt then can lead to belt being pushed off sprocket - happened on one of my 750 Elefants on the M25.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. ouch...

8. You can still get those inner covers from Ducati and they aren’t very expensive, £15 ish if I remember correctly.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. wow, if you're right, i'll be getting a pair or two Mark, when was that price from?

10. From Neil at Cornerspeed, hope I haven’t remembered that price incorrectly!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Could well be correct, drastic reductions get applied to old stock items at dealers from time to time, but they never tell you in advance or issue a list!

12. Looking at it closely, I think it's a trick of the light, where a plate is welded to the frame.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. You’re probably right, I think he would’ve mentioned it by now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Got some recently, price is a bit more than that iirc but not much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. All quiet on the Refurb Front?

16. I dumped chargehands nearly 20 yrs ago. Joking Carr, awaiting bits and pieces, heat resist paint and rear sprocket bearing, header gaskets . Took my fairings and front fender to my mates for paintwork will be a few weeks he is a one man band and very busy.
    I wheeled the chassis into the yard and gave it a washing off just a sponge and soapy solution. When the bike was delivered i noticed when i wheeled it into the cave something rattling inside the rear wheel. I have remove the drive hub off the Dymag and shook out a what looks like a tiny transponder circular with hardened off adhesive on it ??
    There we are at the moment, just running my wife to work and will back in the cave later.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nice one Tony, looking forward to it.
    Could the transponder be part of a DataTag thing?

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. yes, she has datatag, fancy opening up a wheel to hide that, mind you those wheels are a bit tasty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. My earlier ‘93 model and now my current ‘97 one both had DataTag stickers on
    Think they must have been all the rage back then?
    Not found the transponder..yet

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. know what you mean, it's just like Easter inniit?

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information