1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 900ss Refurb.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by portboy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. I did my paint job with rattle cans........
    Three of Ford Radiant Red; one of white; one black; two primer; two lacquer.
    :p

2.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. That looks excellent for rattle cans. Every time I've used them it looks like a two year old has done it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Impressive

4. I will admit I had some good advice from Sev.
    The trick is in masking and rubbing down the joins and finishing coats......1000grit;2000grit;3000grit;6000grit; finally Maguires to cut it even finer; finished with Auto-Glym resin polish.

I did make a mistake, though........when I was applying the tape on the red so I could do the white, I placed the tape on the wrong side of the line I had marked out.
    Having sprayed the white and then the black; I carried on with polishing and lacquer etc until I was satisfied I was finished.

It wasn't until I came to put the Ducati decal on (I don't lacquer those usually because the witness mark they can be a real b*****d to get rid of if ever paint needs doing again) I notice the white band on one side was 6mm narrower than the other.

Tit..........I thought.

#164 Arquebus, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. All done, very pleased with this little gem, light refurb costing about £300 all in, servicing, hydraulics, paint work.

P1040146.JPG

P1040147.JPG

P1040148.JPG

P1040149.JPG

• Like Like x 16
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. you're to old to refurb, you know crusty and brittle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Great job, might I suggest a smattering of AGIP when you do the fairing stickers, ahem , like wot mine has got. C80062BB-1A7C-40E4-A1A2-7B75968E3C03.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  8. i do love the white wheels and frame models..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. Cheers Mark, yep i got AGIP's and i think that's all i am going put on the fairings, a personal thing .

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's all I had in the end....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Nice one Port, a credit to you on that money :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. looking good! i owned this bike from 1999 to 2012, PM if you want some history filled in.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information