1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994, 900ss Back On The Road After 10 Years

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Jonathan Mark Vardy, Apr 24, 2022.

1. My 900SS finally got her first MOT since 2012 and put in her first 100miles :)

I’m over the moon to finally get to ride her.

Only issue to be found was a weak spring on the side stand that kept throwing the light up on the binnacle.

…does anyone know where I can get a pair please? What I have found online are very expensive… for a pair of springs.

Cheers.

D228844D-670F-4C95-A389-C3546D782D7A.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  2. I can't help you with the springs but no doubt someone will be along who can soon.

After waiting ten years to ride your bike, this must be a very cool time for you! Congrats.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ten years eh, good behaviour?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Its amazing to think I was only 13 years old when she came out of the factory. she’s been sat in someone else’s garage since she started with ‘the usual issues’ that these girls feel entitled to. I’ve been envious of her for years and regularly passed comment. Finally she was handed over to my care and I hope I’m doing her justice ❤️

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hopefully the ‘good behaviour’ will continue :)

6. Looking Good!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I shall never forget the feeling of pure joy when I finally got mine going again after being laid up for 12 years while I lived overseas.
    Never again will the old girl be prematurely retired

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. It is an amazing feeling. she’s no slouch… that’s for sure!

• Like Like x 2
  9. jeez just checked stein dinse web site one spring just over £22 the other just under
    find the part numbers and do a google search usually throws up the odd jem

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks. I did look and was appalled by the price.

I’ll try the part number trick and see what we get.

Cheers for the suggestion

11. Just started to do mine . I found some rust on the forks which really peed me off. but onwards and upwards. These are my favourite Ducatis. Bike looks great Jonathan , enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks pal. Yes, they really are lovely. mine has some superficial pitting on the forks, but the stanchions were still sound.

It’s by no means concourse, but I do intend to use it and never again have her locked away. So I’m. It bothered about the odd age-related mark.

I’ll look out for your progress pal. I’ll help if I can.

13. I was in the same position with my 600, it had been unused for ages and l went through it getting it back on the road. If you think the warning lights are too dim you can upgrade them to LED

14. Yes, it’s something I’m looking into.

I’ll be doing at the same time as plucking up the courage to take the clock lenses off and paint the needles.
    They’re currently sunbleached white. So you can’t see them at speed.

there a guide to doing it on here.

15. Screwfix or Toolstation do a multipack of springs but I'm not sure any would be the correct length or strength. However, an autofactor's might be able to help if you give them the dimensions?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks Samurai. I need to measure them and see if I can get some from work before I go spending money at screwfix :)

But it’s a great idea. I’ll need to get the measurements and get my butt in gear.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Free stuff is so much better than paying ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. If the seals start to leak, you can get the forks ground, straightened if they require it and re chromed. I can reccomend Dynasurf, 01270 763032
    http://dynasurf.co.uk/

They do a great job, keep you updated and are very competitive on price. The workshop bossman is Adam. Quick service too. They recently did a set of forks for me.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Looks like you might need a new seal around the headlight as well - unless the old has been pushed back and is hiding behind the fairing. They fit really badly even when brand new.

20. I don't think it's very easy to get the glass out without damage. I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information