1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 1994 916 Strada Value?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Exige, Nov 8, 2015.

?
  1. £4 - £5K

5.3%
  2. £5 - £6K

10.5%
  3. £6 - £7K

21.1%
  4. £7 - £8K

10.5%
  5. + £8K

52.6%
  1. With 'classic' bikes (and indeed cars) it's difficult to put a figure on what it's worth, especially when some resto work is required.
    At the end end of the day it depends on how much you want it.The seller has probably done his homework, hence the asking price. If I had £5.5k to spend on a project bike I would be all over it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yes agreed with the above post but put a very,very cheeky offer in because it needs money on paintwork & recommissioning.

3. Ohlins rear shock was not original on the ‘94 strada,should be a showa like the biposta.
    But it is a nice upgrade i have one on my strada as well.

But there should also be something like a 916S wich had the ohlins rear shock standard.
    There where 199 bikes build like this if i am correct.

Henk!!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thread moved

5. 4 years that took, thanks dude

• Like Like x 1
  6. You’re welcome

7. just had a quick recce at current prices and sticking my neck out/only my opinion but I reckon that's one to 2k overpriced going by pictures, surprised it got an MOT even with fogged up headlight.

8. Cheapest 916 of any mileage, condition or age I can see on Car and Classic, Autotrader or Fleabay is £6k so it doesn't appear over priced, and 16k miles (25k km) isn't that high as long as the bike's been looked after and not been thrashed, so check the service/parts history.

If you're buying this bike as a collectable and it is a genuine Varese (Varese production ended 7/94) then it is worth more than some later 916's. I've seen some very high prices for Varese's in the UK, Europe, US and Australia, so collectors and enthusiasts are chasing these bikes.

Also if you're planning on riding it into the ground and a major engine problem, or something, finally financially writes the bike off, the Varese parts on this bike (fairing panels, tank, seat unit, wheels, ECU, windshield, etc) should command a premium price on the secondhand market.

Personally I think it's a fantastic bike to own and ride, the fact it's probably not going to depreciate in value (and may instead increase) is a bonus.

9. I closed the poll as it was 4 years old and out of date :):upyeah:

10. A bit like the Brexit referendum then:D

Sorry, couldn't resist that.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Brexit is more like the Norton thread :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. glad you said "i" this time :upyeah:;) it's a trade priced bike, and looks on the face of it to be in a better state of fettle than Simon's find. I found many (trade again, not private) bikes with lower or similar mileage at £7 to 8,000 which appeared to want for nothing which you can't say for the Glasgow bike so may need the deficit or more spent on it to achieve the same condition/result. It's your opinion/happy to agree to disagree. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm very happy to disagree with you on this one.

14. I ended up buying the bike Simon posted and ended up paying considerably less thank £6k. Having begun to strip the bike down it is original minus the screen and headlight I still have the original smashed headlight and have obtained a cajiva screen. mechanically it’s sound and runs sweet the only major expense is going to be paintwork the rest of the work I can do myself

EDDB4AB2-5D2A-44E3-9F9C-1F3506FA91CD.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
Do Not Sell My Personal Information