1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1995 900 Superlight (yellow)

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Stuartanthony, Oct 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genuine Superlight IV number 382, validated with Ducati UK when I purchased the bike.

Mileage is 16,456 and that is probably correct as the MOT in 2009 had 14,980, 2010 had 15,391, 2011 had 16,298 and I then laid it up.

Almost no history for it, I purchased the bike in April 2011 from someone who had bought it partially restored/in parts and he had put it back together.

Appears to be 100% genuine parts other than aftermarket silencers and a 944 big bore kit and stainless clutch/brake hoses. I’m also informed it was dynojetted, though I have almost no idea what that means! It pulls very strongly (I previously owned a 900SS and an 888)

I rode it from April 2011 to September 2013 when I SORN’d it and it has been kept under sheets in my garage until 1 month ago when I thought I’d get it sorted (clearly I didn’t wish to start it with cambelts that had been sat unused for 7 years)

In September 2020 I sent it to Snells Ducati in Alton, where they changed belts, battery, oil & filters, brake & clutch fluids, rebuilt carbs as gaskets had dried, plus replaced throttle cables, then had it MOTd.

Cosmetically it is in very good condition, though clearly has been repainted as the decals are non-original.

Small issues:

Fuel low light stays on. Neutral light doesn’t come on!
    Small crack at front of screen. Small repaired crack at bottom of one fairing panel (doesn’t notice externally)

This is a bike suited to someone who wants to ride it and not be precious ( I sold my mint 888 as I spent more time worrying about it than using it… though clearly I haven’t used this Superlight much now!) or for someone who’d like to spend some time and a little money getting it back to showroom condition.

I have the original 600/750/900ss / Superlight sales brochure, plus a ‘special parts’ book.

Also have a Ducati leather jacket in yellow/black to suit the bike.
    +
    Original Ducati paddock stand

Hoping for a reasonable offer over £4000…

Located near Winchester, call Stuart on 07917 248529, thanks

Once the rain stops, I'll get some decent photos!

IMG_4443.JPG

IMG_4444.JPG

IMG_4445.JPG

IMG_4446.JPG

#1 Stuartanthony, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. That aright is that got a feeling that’s going to sell sharpish

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. That front mudguard looks original!

I’d have snapped that up if I hadn’t bought a 900ss, despite it being yellow!
    Good luck with your sale.

#4 Carr01, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. It’s the right colour tho ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Courting controversy there Bradders!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I said how it was last week, and SL is yellow :p
    900ss red :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. @bradders Both colours are great.!...but you wouldn't reject this one would you.:thinkingface:
    e758eb_a8efd6257a2b4a0e9437f54251d233dd~mv2.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Please note that someone has just HPI checked this bike and it was recorded as a Cat C (damaged but repairable) in 2005.
    It may affect your level of interest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  9. Why should it ? You have been open about what you know about the bike and have clearly stated the bike is not for the collector. Stick to your guns, the bike is worth every penny of what you are asking. Andy

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Honesty is the best policy when selling on here,well done you and good luck with the sale.:upyeah:..a lovely looking bike but i need a standard one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. Better in yellow if an SL ;)

OP one looks nice but may need some love (and cash!) to get it to good condition. These are growing on me like 888 :upyeah:

12. Bradders the converted man.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. that is a filthy bike. it may be worth your while to clean it up and post new pics

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. I think ‘genuine & original’ is a better descriptor than filthy.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. if you squint

16. Someone who contacted me thought perhaps it was dirty with fingermarks across the fairing.... they are actually reflections from something else in the garage. The bodywork is actually VERY good condition and very clean (hence the reflections)

I'll definitely post some photos this weekend when I can get it outside without it getting rained on.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Chrome wheels, I think not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. @Carr01 Mark 1 wheels highly polished my dear.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information