1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1995 Ducati 916, 8259 Miles

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by JimmyK9, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Mine is January 95 BP and NOT built in Varese. I have a letter from Ducati confirming it. It does however have all the sought after Varese bike parts with Cagiva Elephant logo and 94 date stamps as well as the wider fuel tank, single bolt clip on bracket etc. I wouldn't be surprised if a bike like that fetches more in parts. I see many people now looking not only for original parts like fairing etc but specify it has to be a 94 date stamped part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks, very interesting , I didn't know the '95 bikes were potentially sought after.

3. ‘94 for the 2000 or so that were made in Varese. As for value, it’s the originality that really drives up the value, hence as @Petsmith says there’s demand for ‘94 stamped parts, particularly body panels. However, IMO, one should never stop and break up a perfectly useable 916 simply because the sum of the parts are worth more than the whole, that would be sacrilege:astonished:.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Unless one is after making as much cash as poss and the best way is to sell in bits.

I can’t see how a bike that may need thousands spent can be worth close to a good standard one imho and if the most someone will pay is 3k bit 6k can be got by splitting, get the parts listed ;)

But bear in mind I also think 8k is too much for an SPS ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. I don’t disagree if it’s all about the money, I just feel the bike’s should, where possible be kept whole and running :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. It shouldn’t always be all about the money. It should also be about enjoying nice things, whether they are expensive or not. Whether they are good value or not. And keeping them up and running.

What world are we living in ? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. One where most people, buy stuff, use it and if not needed hopefully sell on for whatever they can get :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information