1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 1995 (varese) Mono California

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Mike378, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Yes, the 916 wasn't released in the US till 1995 so officially it's a 1995 model and was first registered in the US on the 1/1/95 (New Years day). So all of the USA consignment of Varese Ducati 916's will be described as 1995 model year bikes despite being manufactured in 1994.
    According to a letter of confirmation from Ducati my bike was manufactured in 'early' 1994, and the VIN sticker under the seat goes further to confirm the bike was actually manufactured in May 1994.

2. Yep, I hold my hand up, I forgot that from the original description, apologies, wasn't trying to be misleading or anything. iirc it was alleged it was fairing damage. Cat D - repairable damage but the insurer chose not to = Cat N nowadays. Probably worth 25-3% discount off 'normal' FMV.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What do you think the Brough Superior Lawrence of Arabia crashed would be devalued by nowadays :thinkingface:

4. Mike, you should sell it . It’s a valuable, rare early model with elephants on it.
    Buy a cheap 748 to ride,
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Good question:thinkingface::thinkingface:
    Just goes to show you, there's crashed and crashed

6. The older the really collectable bikes get the less an insurance right off will matter to people - it's a world market and if exported it won't show anyway :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'd sooner ride my 916 into the ground than have it sitting in a front room. The latter is a slow death. Stored bikes lack 'patina'. A good ol 916 should wear its war wounds with pride. Do the bike a favour, ride it and enjoy it. Forget about 'money or value', these are notions that are irrelevant. Made up by people who only see pound notes as if there the only thing that matters. The intrinsic value of the bike, is the bike itself. Not some notional value backed up by some signature on a £50 note.

Enjoy your 916, ride her, put miles on her. I'd value a good honest ridden bike over a show queen that has never been ridden. Virgins are all very well and good, but a dirty experienced bint is much more fun.

I may have digressed there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Or have both, now where's my next virgin...…………..:eyes:

9. Here you go my son;):upyeah:
    ducati_1199_panigale_virgin_by_samuxx_d63keuo-fullview.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information