1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996-1999 Gsxr 750 Srad

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by alexko, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Looking for a :motorcycleduc: that can see in the future :)

Is this going to be a future classic?
    Seem to go rather cheap at the moment..if hasn't become a classic by now will it ever be?
    Cost £5500 when new (1999 injected model) now could pick up a good one(2 owners, 7000miles original parts) for £2800.
    Not looking as an investment, but wouldn't mind if the price will stay the same or goes up by a couple of pennies.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. first of a generation seems to be the way to go. E.g. K1 1000 was a big change, K5 a big change...next real change 2017 LOL

3. For that money I don't expect you would see any drop in value, Prices for SRADs go up to around £5k for low mileage examples, they don't seem to sell at that more at the 2.5-3.5k Mark it seems.
    I think it's a wise move buying one though, I'm sure if you buy it at £2800 you could have a couple of years good use and probably by then sell it for more than you paid and would of had great fun in the time you had it. They have a great chassis, rev like a 2 stroke and handle well even by today's standards. I would expect you to sell it in a few years for a realistic £4.5 with the way prices are and the market for original bikes is.
    Buy smart, Sell happy.

4. Ive got one , had lots over the years to.

Carb models are the ones to go for atm , the inj is a slightly better bike but the carbs are holding their money better . You can get a nice one still for £1800 .
    STill plenty about but the nature of the bike say many are abused but the choice is wide so you'll find a good one.
    I love them and my latest is more fun to ride than my 1098R

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Mr Tea your right there, my gsxr k2 is more fun than my 1198, yes the ducati is a far superior bike but i love ragging my suzuki.

6. I would prefer the inj. model...I have 4 carbureted bikes,(250RGV,250RS,400RVF,250EXC) tbh. I would not miss the chocke and periodical carb cleaning due to this ethanol sh@t if not used for more than 2 months.
    Would be used only on the road.
    Any known issues or what to look at on the injected model?

My first ever sport bike (1 year after passing by driving test) was a k9 750 gsxr the limted edition in black and orange colors bought with 400 miles on the clock, sold with 4500 miles without any issues. (aproximately 2000 miles on the track)
    It was a brilliant bike so much grunt for a 750, flawless gas pick up trough the rev range & lots of power once past 9000rpm, reasonable brake and the chassis/suspension feedback was even better than my 2015 R1. (this one will get full Ohlins kit soonly)

Might buy it :)

7. Had one of the carb ones from near new and was a great bike, The engines bonkers, power is pretty flat and hits in with a right bang higher up the revs, I had a ZX7R at the time and got a test ride on one, Couldn't get rid of the 7r quic 2012-12-25 21.27.41.jpg k enough, Handling and engine was far superior than the 7R's (imo) Traded it in for my old 916, Is a photo of a photo but all I have
    This bike used to be the awful bronze and gold, A very close mate painted it the blue and white just 4 weeks before the big C took him from us, Will always have memorys of it for this reason

#7 jack999s, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Had a blue and white as per picture(only colour to have) fab bike and you can carry your sarnies under the hump.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information