1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1997 750 Supersport

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Ghost Rider, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just had a thought is this the cabureted 750

2. Yep.....I think that should be obvious as it is a 97 model.....

3. Why break a perfectly good bike and end up twice the parts to sell?

Yes you could....my workshop is tiny.

4. Sorry, I'd not really thought about it. Just saw it looked really nice and wanted to enquire. Am certain I will buy one. That is how things usually work out. I have read the later 900s are easier to maintain and run smoother. I want an older bike to love and care for. Had a 749 recently but traded it when a long wanted Moto Morini Granpasso came up. Regretted getting rid of the 749 but it had to be. Now I'm looking for something like yours.

5. Mine is effectively a 900 with a 750 engine............it runs smooth if out of town like all Ducatis, but its OK in town if you are prepared to chop an change which gear you are in.......like all Ducatis.

Considering I have owned a Guzzi Le Mans and a ZZR1100, this 750 is the most comfortable bike I have used and it's quick enough (not as blistering as the ZZR, but probably quicker than the Guzzi except top speed).

6. It does look lovely. I am in touch with Flatfish about the 900. My understanding is that the Carb bikes are more sought after. I know you are are perplexed by my not wanting the spares but it is just the bike I am interested in. But I can understand you not wanting to split the deal.

7. Under Offer at present - Let's see what happens.

8. Hope it works out. I have just picked up and serviced the 900 ie, belts, fuel etc. Got to say I am pleased with my purchase. It is extremely tidy, in fact spotless. I will let you know how I go on later when I take it for long leisurely ride round the Peak District.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Offer is cancelled................didn't even get to view the bike...........

.......'Family problems' it seems........

.....and we all know what that means......

...............SWMBO rules......

So it's still available..............but sod it.............I'm riding it this weekend...............

10. Somebody really should snap this up!

I've been to see this bike and i would have purchased it for sure, but unfortunately my car decided to die on me and I've had to put the money into that.
    If you are interested in this bike you really should go and view it as its a stunner. Al obviously had put a lot of time and love into it, and he has a knowledge far superior to anything I could ever dream of. It's as good as it looks in the pics.... if not better!

Hope you're well Al and good luck with the sale mate.

11. Sorry to hear that, Mr A,
    The market does appear to be weird at the moment. But try eBay. There 's nothing to touch yours on there at the moment and the variety of prices is phenomenal.

12. Hi,

Is bike still for sale ? If so would like to ask a couple of question via pm.

Many thanks

13. Fire away via PM.....

I am at a family funeral tomorrow, so expect a late reply....(PS...Not all of them, though)

14. You have pm's

15. I wonder if anyone can beat what a dealer offered me for the bike today; without having the spares........

......it puts paid to the numpties that think they can get it for £1500........

16. Hi al,

was nice to meet you this week and thanks very much for your help in steering me down a route more fitting for me. Your bike is stunning and very well presented. Sorry we could not get a deal done but I am sure this bike will sell. I don't think I have seen a tidier ss yet !

17. Thanks Jon...........If I had the chance of a slightly rough Superlight over my 750SS (no matter how good mine is) I know which one I would choose.

18. I'm tempted to sell the bike separate from the parts..........(subject to a really good offer)

...........but as I'm not an e-bayer I'm not happy that I might get stuck with the parts.

19. Al, why dont you list the spares as a job lot. Gumtree is free to advertise and there's ducati for sale on facebook as well. Once youve sold them the bike will sell easily on its own for what you're asking.

20. What spares you got?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information