1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 1997 916 Sps Stupid Questions

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Kevin Tallant, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Did they sell in the end:thinkingface:

• Crap Crap x 1
  2. The discs pictured above have different centres to the cast iron ones that were on my 98SPS when I bought it.
    The centres became worn and it now has some later type steel brembos on.

3. I have 98 916 wheels and front discs which I can photo for you. They're hanging up in my garage. Sorry not for sale though as they belong to my 916.

• Like Like x 1
  4. He started to run a Chinese auction for wheels,I ducked out & decided to refurb the pair I have. Hopefully I have bought the rotors as the only full floaters I can find are getting on for 900 quid !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. These are are still on sps page he started at €600 & now €800

Screenshot_2019-06-18-11-00-52.png

6. Greedy bastard comes to mind,but this probably is the market place at the minute for a pair of correct period wheels:upyeah:

7. Blimey at that price :astonished: i should take mine back off and put the plain non racing ones on :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Fairings & wheels boxed up today & off to be painted, slightly used fully floating ready to go back on front. Hopefully mechanic will get beast started in next few weeks.....until then my bum will twitch.

#28 Kevin Tallant, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  9. Plastics, tank & wheels finally back from painters. Decided to paint a decent pair of newer 3 spokes (minus ducati racing center hub markings) but have scabbie original set that may go back one day.
    Slow progress but hopefully be fully in road in spring.

received_586525435211609.jpeg

received_487827168633431.jpeg

received_521995348559514.jpeg

received_2612675282151313.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Are the wheels wet paint or powder coated:thinkingface:what sort of money for this exercise for the complete fairings/wheels?

11. I love the Salt spillage, a nightmare to hoover salt out of carpets!!
    Nice paint though.

12. Fairings repairs + paint & tank was £1150.
    Wheels + paint £300 (sprayed not powder coated, like originals)
    Full strip & service coming now, new tyres battery etc,etc
    If I fall out the otherside sub £3.5 k I've done ok

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Thankfully is mechanics truck.

14. Wow:eek: this paintwork game is not cheap these days,hence why mine has not been repainted at this stage in life.but i guess i will have to bite the bullet at sometime in near future.

15. If fairing didn't have a hole torn inside (storage scar I think) I wouldn't have done it.
    I'm scared it's going to be shinney to ride in the end.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Agree with you:upyeah:apart from the price this is the reason i'm holding back.

17. Send it to me XH, it only cost me €40 for 4 rattle cans when I built my V4 25th Anniversary Speciale - I could do with a bit more practice as well :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. I think you've proved your competency there Paul :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. This morning, having completely dismantled my 748 for refurbishment and rebuilt it all, including refitting the wiring loom, it started and ran for the first time in 9 months:D.

Then a fuse blew o_O meh

Do Not Sell My Personal Information