1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 1998 916

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Karlos1971, May 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. My 98 916 has the same logo and no decal on tank and 40mm brembos. Looks like that one in standard trim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 98 Didnt have the tank decal, or ducati racing on the rear wheel. It was to do with the change of parent company not wanting to pay royalties on the font/logo hence removed it where possible.
    Its a 98 916, its not an SPS. People forget that ducati werent stipplers for maufacturing detail or process and as such some bikes came with different things. Think of the people that went to buy a 748R in 2002 only to find it had a showa steering damper fitted, these days you would be pissed, but thats just how it was with Ducati back then. People seem to forget that now, in the day of process, accountability, social media and speculative investment.
    It looks a nice clean bike, priced about right. Just do the normal checks, make sure its in good shape mechanically and cosmetically and I'd be wanting to see that its had its clearances checked too, as that would indicate that rockers have also been inspected too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That is exactly how the '98 Biposto was but with Showa suspension all round.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Last service recorded was in 2006. No record of valves being done. So probably won't bother as if be buying unseen. He said make an offer. I was think about 5k as the tank needs repairing too. What you thoughts on that price. Last service was 3500 miles ago in 2006. IMG_1196.jpg

5. IMG_9844.jpg

6. If you really want it,just be bloody cheeky with a low ball offer that your happy to live with:thinkingface::upyeah:

7. Yeah I'm going to put a cheeky offer in. Just worried if the rockers will be knackered

8. What ever the rocker replacement costs are if any, just take that into consideration when spending your hard earned wages:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I should put a cheeky offer in for that wooden block.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Invoice shows half rings which would suggest clearances checked and quite likely that rockers would have been checked as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Perhaps a Carpenter by trade;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information