1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1998 Ducati 916s - £5,250

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Clemm, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've just searched and I cannot see it.... please put up a link.

And yes being an import makes it much harder to check the real history, so worth not as much.

2. Look at this on eBay 1998 DUCATI 916 BLACK

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Just been into the Ducati store in Shipley, Bradford and spoke to them. Apparently imports are fine as long as registered. He said it shouldn't affect value as uk registered but depends on the person and what they want from it. He said anyone that does a proper check (as screenshot before) should know it's an import so not to worry. He also valued it at £3000-£3500 so valuations from you guys were near spot on.
    Who knew selling a bike was this stressful, I'm in the middle of trying to write a dissertation

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would add a note to your advert and let it run - what have you got to loose :upyeah: plus it will be more interesting for us that way :D

5. I see my early offer has been surpassed. :Angelic: :Arghh:

6. Being an import (they're all actually imports) may affect the value when it's new as the point of private import was often to pay less as they were cheaper (at least back then) in other countries.

But once it's more than a few years old and out of warranty I can't see what difference it makes? and at close on 20yrs old it's totally irrelevant.

The only considerations would be if it has a kmh speedo and a wrong-way dip headlight, if so both can be rectified but there is a cost involved, if however it has already been done then it's no different to a UK supplied model and some early 916s had kmh speedos anyway because that's all they had when they built them.

Of course a buyer might try to use it as a bargaining chip to try to get it for less.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. eBay is a fickle creature! Not over until the proverbial fat lady sings (or at the very least the money in hand).
    At least i know I've got your offer as a backup!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks Duke, excellent info!

9. Loads were 'parallel imports' back then. You could save a few £K getting one in from Holland, over rip off Britain prices.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CBA to read through this. Is it sold yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nope, 7 days to run on eBay :)

12. He's keen!
    Ocd kicking in?

13. Yeah they're all imports so who gives a flying? Plus, this one was owned by Terry Thomas so add a bit for celeb qudos!

14. Is it sold now? :)

15. Yes, for £3,500.00.

16. Thread closed then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information