1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Facelift.

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Wrecked, Mar 4, 2014.

1. If you have a go on one, I reckon you will want to get one. Go for it!!!!

2. Me too.

3. Thanks...But thats where the £580 came from.

4. Ask them who the underwriters are. Mine is Highway (LV=). They were very competitive.

The more expensive quote was Equity Red Star.

I have one years no claims and have had my Diavel from new (62 plate).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm considering a move to the dark side. May try one this weekend.

6. Why not go the whole hog and buy a Harley ?

7. Why not. I have purchased this bike without a demo ride. May come up and see you there.

Go on you know you want to ..,,

8. You will not be disappointed. Be interested to hear what you think. Ignore the naysayers like Dave!!! Go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I got £290 from highway. 2 yrs ncb. Insured the bike fir the rrp- tax and otr costs. This put it under 15k. With the costs was over 15k and nearly double the price.

10. I tried one yesterday. I was warned that the seat hump is to keep you from falling off the back. I thought the salesman was joking....... I soon found out maybe he wasn't!

Its a cracking motor and can certainly be hustled round the back lanes....but its not as comfy as my Multi. That seating position is a bit weird to me. Feet in the wrong place and all your weight going through the small of your back. Not for me I'm afraid.

11. Finally after eight weeks .............

IMG_0615.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. You got it then? What do you reckon?

13. To be honest.. I,m not sure yet.

Rode 360+ miles on the first day but as yet none of them have been ridden on dry roads.

I can tell you that held waterproof gloves are not waterproof.
    Dianese Aspide jacket keeps you dry in thunder storms but none of the pockets are waterproof.
    TCX boots are waterproof and warm but they also retain any water that get in from the top.
    New tires wet slippy roads makes my arse twitch.
    The bbc got the weather right for once.

And the suspension seems very hard.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Do a proper write up when you get some nice dry weather. I'd be interested in what you think.

I've got the demo Diavel booked again for the day next Saturday when my 899 has it's first service :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information