1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak 1st Gear

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ballbagracer, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Having trouble getting the bike into first gear? also a pain in the butt ox getting into neutral? do I just need to tweek the rod or could it be something else?

2. Try bleeding the clutch MC/Slave cylinder....sounds like it has some air and it is not disengaging the clutch fully. do you have you clutch adjusted inward a lot? try moving it out and see if it helps...

3. How many miles on bike...

Normally by 1000 miles its much better.. improves normally after the first oil change..

If its more than that .. maybe clutch needs bleeding...

4. Chain tension is the main culprit or even a dry chain, mine hates both and is far better when everything is lubed and adjusted right.
    If this does not sort out your problem then check to see if the gear selector linkages are parallel to each other this again because it is such a short rod length makes a huge difference.

5. linkage.JPG
    like this

6. Thank you guys. Bike is just shy of 9000 miles. Think the chain is a little loose so need to sort that. Thanks for the pic :upyeah:

7. If you have never bled the mc end of the clutch, it’s worth doing that too. Simple 2 min job with a spanner and some rag

8. Appreciate that. I had a 1098s and had to bleed that often :p

9. My multi ‘s had it every 1000 miles or so

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wouldn't be suprised if it turns out to be a knacked slave cylinder. :thinkingface: Plenty been replaced over the years, including mine.

11. An Oberon or similar improves matters.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information