1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Throttle 2 Clicks Out: Ducati Scrambler Suspension Setup.

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by GFFM, Mar 30, 2017.

1. im 5.10 14 stone, made the 2 click change and has transformed the bike, a lot better, many thanks for posting the link originally

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello, hear’s what i’ve found out. The stock front is way to stiff and due to the riding position there is no weight over the front wheel, on bumps and ridges the front behaves like a pogo stick, almost unrideable. So, firstly I cut 15mm of the preload tube in the right fork, this had an instant effect and allowed the right spring to move and deal with the bumps. Then, after watching the Dave Moss video, I pulled the forks through 4mm , Dave says 6mm but I started with 4. This had the effect of putting a bit of preload over the front and now the ride is so good I’ve forgotten about installing aftermarket springs or cartridges.

#22 Southfrance, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  3. I read this with interest, & found this other one on the Scrambler by Dave Moss..... listen to the oil comments, & the different requirements of the legs. Never heard of this before, is this common?

4. I've not got a comment re monsters but while I don't really 'like' him. I followed his video's on the MV F3 as I'm very close weight wise and I set my bike up as per his settings, then I did a few trackdays and got a set up done by another suspension guy who said that the bike was 'spot on' for both sag and feel. I guess that's a decent 2nd opinion that he knows what he's on about.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information