1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 Hour Detail. Trashed Audi S5 Quattro Convertable

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Hope you like them buddy....they are amazing industry leading products......and thank you once again!

2. Yippee, he's washed another car!!! o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 154BB4FC-3A4D-438A-AAD3-4E60300DDE0D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yer cheeky fecker Wayneeee boy...lol.....whats a man supposed to do when the suns out?....oh yes drink beer....

5. @rob lewis - great work as usual and always on the lookout for your posts to see what you have been able to work your magic on.
    I'm curious after such a serious detail, how does your client go about keeping his car in such good nick? Does he have to wash ti any differently or is it just the normal process?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thank you!!!...in this case the car will be advertised for sale and customer will not be driving it....so it should keep looking good for a potential purchaser....usually tho....when someone calls for one of my details the FIRST question I always ask is how they are going to maintain it.....if they are NOT going to maintain it correctly...i.e take it thorough a carwash etc I politely tell them its not worth spending the money on a detail as the vehicles finish will be severely compromised.....in order to keep a newly detailed vehicle looking its best you need to have ideally 3 buckets...one for wheels and two for washing ( a wash and a rinse bucket ) , the most important step is a pre-wash ( snowfoam ) prior to you making contact with the wash medium of choice. The right vehicle shampoo is VERY important also as well as microfibre drying towels and top-up maintenance products such as a quick detailer etc....you also need to factor in the time to wash a vehicle safely using the above products and methods....its not a 10 minute job with a sponge and chammy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The shampoo for my little mini is more expensive than my own shampoo and has her own towels and mits :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Ditto here on that one @Ducbird

• Like Like x 1
  9. You life saver!

Rob, might be worth using the return key more often to break up the wall of text.

Keep up the good work though, awesome stuff and info. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Thanks buddy I will.....don't know why I've never done it either but I will in future....

11. Top job as always! I enjoy reading the processes you use. Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I've just spat my coffee all over the keyboard.... AGAIN DB.... AGAIN!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. How much did this all cost.... just asking for a friend that has some motors that need attention.... where are you in the country? ... just looked and you are way too far away :(

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. Sorry I meant KKD Citrus Magic buddy....

15. I have to inform you & probably scare you Rob, I've got some dremels for my bmw's post wash...removal of rust patches & apply some hammerite paint. I'm guilt of serious neglect towards most things. And only in later life have I realized maintenance is the key too longevity.

16. nowt wrong with what your doing @GunZenBomZ if it works for you buddy!

17. I see what you mean

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Top work, Rob. My Audi A3 is the same colour I think (Daytona grey?) and has the best shine of any paint finish I have had.

What's the best glass cleaner for windscreens to remove any smears from the wipers, Rob?

• Like Like x 1
  19. If your wipers are actually leaving impressions on your windscreen you need to use a glass polish first to remove the marks....a glass cleaner is not good enough...use Gtechniq G4 glass polish then follow up with Angelwax Vision glass cleaner....also give your wiper blades a REALLY good clean with the Vision......if they are old just replace them.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information