1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 Hour Detail. Trashed Audi S5 Quattro Convertable

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Apr 20, 2018.

1. excellant work as usual:upyeah:but have you ever forgotten to clean out the ashtray or anything else for that matter:thinkingface:

2. Thank you....and nope not yet anyway..;)....anything removable gets removed and cleaned...like door bin inserts, ash trays, cup holders etc....I'm very thorough..

3. and it shows my friend:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Another top job, it's good to see the 'before' and 'after' shots :upyeah:

Question: On your application of the snowfoam, do you agitate/wipe it in when you have applied a covering or leave it to work it's magic?

5. Thankyou.....I agitate all the intricate areas with a detail BRUSH whilst its doing it thing...like grills, fuel cap housing window rubbers etc....places that a wash pad or mitt wouldn't touch....always gets these areas spotlessly clean.

#45 rob lewis, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  6. Good to know, thanks Rob.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Again love these threads !! i cant get around how people treat there cars make you wonder what they live in ! Anyway whats with the filtered air .... is it the same as a filtered fart or similar :p again looks awesome and keep them coming :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. haha...can't be telling you all my secrets....its a filtered warm air blower...i.e it blows filtered warm air at approx 440mph....it is filtered so any tiny particulates in the air don't end up covering the car...unlike a leaf blower which essentially dries but blows crap all over the vehicle....as its not filtered....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cool ... do you do bikes as well ?

10. Rob, what do you use to treat the shadowline external trim ( such as the B pillars ) . The ones on my BMW have become very tarnished and cloudy
    Cheers

11. Yep....have a look on my site buddy....

12. All B and rear quarter pillars on ALL vehicles are butter soft and ALWAYS scratch or tarnish....I tape off the rubber seal on either sides and machine polish....you could try by hand with some compound like;

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2m-polish-cat8.html
    you will only need the teeny tiny bottle ( 120ml for £7.00 )

and one of these;
    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/auto-finesse-dual-applicator-pad-cat24.html
    Dual foam applicator pad £4.00

Free delivery on the above too.....
    The firm white side comprises a dense, closed cell foam and is perfect for polishing paint and metals by hand. The soft black side comprises a lighter, open cell foam and is perfect for applying all types of protective products and dressings.

Be sure to mask off the rubber seals at either side ( this is a must do )...as you don't want the rubber transferring onto your applicator pad - if it does your in a world of pain....be thorough doing this.

Two pea size drops on the applicator and rub...keep rubbing until the compound starts to become an oily and translucent...then buff off the film with a microfibre...keep repeating until you reach the desired result buddy.

It should work fine and dandy.

13. Rob, I believe in saving the environment so I wear my undercrackers for a week, then turn then back to front for the second week, inside out front first the third week and lastly, inside out back side facing forward first.

The downside is 4 weeks of noobie fluids and marks, any ideas how to remove the useage marks?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Rob,, i have a new commission for you by t Pullman-Train-Clive-Hanley.jpg he end of the weekend please;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. F**K that...yep it'll be ready by the last weekend of 2025!!!!:joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Wow! great job... thanks for the tips on products

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. yep...I have a solution for ya...
    upload_2018-4-27_15-7-31.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Hi Rob,

excellent work, as ever. just a quick sanity check, if you don't mind. my partner has a matte grey alfa mito, and we are pretty careful at cleaning and keeping it as matte as we think possible, but not sur eif there is anything that can be done to make it even more matte?

currently we do a rinse with a powerful hose, then do the 2 bucket using nanolex matte reactivating shampoo, dry off with microfibre towels. next to use is nanolex ex (or a 50/50 solution of isoproyl alcohol, as we have found it does pretty much the same job of de-greasing) with small cotton make-up pads (one polishes on, the other off). finally nanolex matte sealant sprayed on, "polished" in with microfibre then "polished" off with microfibre.

I did get some chemical guys matte shampoo and sealant off Sambighair off here, and the shampoo works well, but we have found the sealant needs a bit more patience than the nanolex (if it goes on a bit too thick, then it is murder to "polish" out - user error rather than kit failure).

so, does the above sound like a reasonable way to keep a matte car matte, or is there anything else that can be done to keep it more matte?

thanks,

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  20. Think I may be offering a job!.....you are doing everything correctly and using the perfect products / procedures in order to keep your matt finish matte....there is no product that will make your finish more matte.....just keep doing what you are doing....PERFECT!!!......I wouldn't personally mix the IPA as its very harsh especially at 50%.....oh and just stick with Nanolex Matte products buddy....ditch the Chem Guys....

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information