1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 Years Of Riding.....never Had A Ducati!!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by PauloPani, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Hi all, just joined the forum as I'm looking to get my first Ducati after having had mainly Japanese bikes since I started riding road bikes. I've had Italian bikes too.....an Aprilia RS250 and two RSV 1000's. There's just something about Italian bikes that draws me in and the feeling you get when you ride them!

I currently have a 2018 Cbr 1000rr SP and a 2001 Yamaha R1 5JJ in standard collectable condition. Its likely I'll let the R1 go to make way for the incoming Ducati. I'm also a member on the 1000rr owners forum and go by the name of PauloHRC, think there's one or two on here from there too!

So the big question is .......what bike do I go for?? I do love the older models, I've ridden my brothers 748 many years ago and have a soft spot most Ducatis to be honest. I'm definitely after something modern though purely based on reliability!

My heart is saying V4 and my head is saying V2, having read and watched countless reviews the V2 will be easier to live with. Nearly all of my riding is on the road but I try to do a couple of track days each year also. Any help and advice is much appreciated!

I know pics are mandatory so here's a couple of my current bikes, sorry no bins here, just a coupe of sheds! ;) oh.....and a paddling pool:D
    Screenshot_20210109-173505_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210109-173256_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. I’d say V2..........but I’m biased because I’ve got one :)

And welcome :)

• Like Like x 1

3. Well if your looking for a V2 there is a excellent one for sale in the ads.
    If your looking for a V2 then this member is selling a beautiful excellent example.
    Elliot Westacott. And I think his last post was £12500. Hopefully you can both do a deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome onboard:upyeah: only you can make that choice maybe a demo ride on each model from your two selected short list models before you make a full financial commitment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh of course if you do strike a deal then my usual 10% commission charges will apply.:joy::joy:;);):upyeah:.
    Failing that then at least a mug of tea and a egg sandwich if we’re ever in a roadside cafe together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I agree so much with this. The modern stuff ain’t really my thing but if I had the money I don’t think I would be able to help meself

welcome fella, you’ll love em :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1299S

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sacré bleu!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. 1299s great bike.

nice r1 by the way:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Welcome and enjoy

11. 1299S gets the vote from me too

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fill paddling pool with rubbish. Then @Ducbird will be happy.
    Get a 1299s...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah, I've seen that in the for sale section. Its a lovely looking bike. I'm looking to offload one of my bikes though. I suppose I could sell the R1 but that could take a while :confused:

14. r1 for sale you say :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. 1198. Like your rsv1000 but on steroids.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm in touch with Manchester Ducati as they're 5 minutes from me, they re open on Tuesday but I'm not sure they're taking bookings for test rides due to the lockdown. I've sent them some pics of my bikes to see what sort of figures I could be looking at. But yeah I think some test rides are in order! :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yes potentially mate, 2001 5JJ, 19k miles, all original, its got a brand new titanium Arrow on it which I sourced from Greece. I've got the original titanium exhsust boxed up in the garage. PM me if interested @cookster :upyeah:

18. Good luck with that one and remember you hold all the cards this time of year on the money front.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for the warm welcome all, seems like the 1299s has a few fans on here and if I'm honest hadn't really considered it!

Looks like the search got a bit more complicated :motorcycleduc::bucktooth:

20. We've all been there on that front.;)
    photo1jpg.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information