1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 2000 748r - From Disaster To Full Rebuild

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by TelRobinson, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Theres nothing like clicking on a build thread and before youve even started.....the scrolly bar at the top right is.....really really really small.... :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Could you keep us updated with the dash housing mate? Thanks

3. Thanks mate. I’ve been proper lazy with any kind of update (including tonight), so I’ll add some kind of description of what’s gone on over the next couple of weeks.

Of course! I sent the dimensions and template over to a mate of mine at the weekend and asked him to have a play about with some ideas, so will let you know as soon as anything comes up

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. This thing is stunning! Nice work!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. It’s all looking brilliant Tel and even better the insurance pay you out in full don’t list the bike as a write off and you’ve still got the bike - amazing :upyeah:

It’s a shame you did away with the yellow though, 748’s should be yellow;):)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I’ve still got all of the original bits incase I change back in the future.

Haven’t seen it for 10 weeks, so I’m hoping it’s back soon. The weather has typically turned to crap, so it’s made this week a bit easier on needing it back.

It’s worked out really well on the insurance and my renewal only went up by £10! Can’t complain at that at all

• Like Like x 3
  7. So, she’s back and on the road.

Had a 40 mile ride into work in the city today, luckily the roads were reasonably quiet compared to the hell on Monday

19241ACD-E39D-4B89-AA55-DBE3CE1DDA99.jpeg 0D9FC019-1137-4BEA-AFB0-93DFB14256C6.jpeg 1AA43129-FBD8-42C1-B7DB-BC756E5F1A48.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  8. get some decals on her mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Funny you should say that, I’ve just been on to Image Works for a new set :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. What knee grips do you have in the tank Tel? Are they Stomp? TIA

11. The more i see Showa Titanium nitride coated forks, the more i might start looking for a pair :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I agree, the slower in the range should be Yellow.:)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. I've been looking for ages.
    Steve

14. They’re R&G ones from here mate
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192284855994

I’ve been after some Ohlins forks for a while, but whenever I find a decent set something else swallows the cash : unamused:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Job well done, Tel! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Any news on the dash surround mate and dit the bits turn up? Ta

17. Thanks mate! And thanks for your help.

Still a couple of issues to iron out with the dash, so I might need to bug you with a couple of questions at some point

18. No worries, Tel. Fire away...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Haven’t had any bits yet, but will probably turn up in the week.

I’ll chase him up about the surround. My carbon back plate is bugging me already :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  20. B3CF2928-8EF1-41E2-827A-0BD504E16A99.jpeg 7EA75454-8C9D-4391-B9A1-5B8E651BC8C3.jpeg

Took the bike into work again today. Everything went well until the drive home when it ran out of electric near the Blackwall Tunnel. Had a quick look and the new reg/rec multi plug had got a bit fat. Called the RAC, he confirmed it wasn’t charging, filled the battery with electric and I got myself home. Probably the only part I haven’t changed. Doh!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information