1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 900 Ssie Shock (36520421a) On A 2000 900 Ssie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by TonnySenior, Aug 3, 2019.

1. 2001 900 ssie have a 36520421A stock shock
    2000 900 ssie have a 36520351A stock shock

Have anyone fittet the 2001 shock on the 2000 ssie, and is it a plug and play fit?

(Reason: i have a 2000 ssie and the previous owner fittet a old shock that is worn out and need replacing, and the 2001 ssie shock is available online as nos)

2. I would think all year 900SSie rear shocks are interchangeable, even with the last year 2002 Öhlins shock. I have never heard of any interchangeable issues.

3. Ok I think I’ll order a stock 2001 then, I am also considering a nitron but the manufacturer times is 4 weeks, or maybe a yss they seem to ready available any thought on the yss?

4. I would rather use a chock of wood for 4 weeks until the Nitron arrived than buy another standard Sachs / Showa new. In fact, i would probably use the chock instead of the standard anyway. Better to upgrade than replace.

5. ahh ok thanks, did you try the stock showa and compare it to nitron/yss and why do you think its an upgrade compared to the Showa?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. I have first hand experience of Ohlins, Nitron (only R1), Hagon, Showa and Sachs rear shocks on a 900ss.
    Always difficult to undertake perfect back to back comparisons, because of different circumstances and time gaps, but when set up with the right spring rates and click settings for the rider / tyre / required use, in my opinion, the Ohlins, Nitron and Hagon do a better job of controlling the rear wheel than a standard good condition, correctly set-up Showa or Sachs. For the first two, read "far better".

7. I see, so perhaps Showa is somewhat better then a wooden shock after all

Do Not Sell My Personal Information