1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 996s Refresh

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by sam996S, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Looks fantastic, job very well done and would be very proud if it was mine :upyeah:

2. Thanks everyone.

I am chuffed to bits with the result.

However, she’s not yet perfect. What was a working temperature gauge last week is now finito. The sensor/sender has just died on me. I don’t think I’ll find one soon with everything closed for Christmas.

Just trying to find an alternate, not Ducati stamped, part. Looks like it could be a VDO oil temperature sensor, with M12 x 1.5 thread, I guess around 120 degree range.

Any experts out there know what will work?

3. If you don't mind a little, gratuitous, "showing-off my toys like a proper twat". But I had a camera with me on her first real run - venturing far from fuel bowsers and tool boxes - in the hills of Umbria, Italy.

Fuelling isn't quite right and suspension settings are coming together slowly - confidence in the bike and local roads increases, so does the speed. But it's all a progression.

Meanwhile I think she looks a pretty for an old girl.

DSCF2928.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  4. A great effort:upyeah:and your in the right place for twatting off:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. i forgot to ask but did you clean/wire wheel the fasteners up before you sent away:thinkingface:

6. Short answer "no". Longer answer. I bought a used rear hub assembly off ebay as it was in much better condition than mine, and included a rear rotor which I needed. I then had every bolt and bit re-plated.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Unusual "quiet clutch mod"in that video.

#47 Hughdg, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. Ha, I don't think it was meant to be a quiet clutch mod. I've now put about 300-400 miles on the bike the clutch has bedded in and makes a little more noise, or music if you prefer, but not obnoxious at all.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information