1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 750ss Ie Fork Oil Question...

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Lockesboy, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Hi,..how much fork oil in the front forks after changing fork seals..also what weight of oil works best for normal road riding.

Thanks..

Ian :motorcycleduc:

2. Ian
    Haynes manual should have standard quantities listed ?
    See my threads on my 2002 750ss ie re changing front oil weights - various approaches suggested by contributors.
    Now put forks from ST4 on bike to allow full adjustment instead of very limited change
    with oil weights/amounts. Much better than standard and can be improved by suspension experts when
    I have saved the cash and want to bother. Brake and wheel spindle fixings the same.
    Only issue is the fork height is now flush with the top yoke because ST4 forks are shorter - so needed to change the bars to fix beneath the fork not above the fork.
    Standard bars were already pretty extreme for me so I used some standard bars from my Aprilia Falco that have a reasonable "rise" on them, made up spacer sleeves from short length of suitable exhaust pipe (off fleabay) to bring the diameters up to the Aprilia bars and ended up with finished height a bit higher than standard and slightly wider. All cables work ok without stress or need for adjustment.

Patrick

3. Hi Patrick,
    Thanks for responding, oddly enough I've just bought a Haynes manual for it, I didn't realise you could get one TBH, that should save me asking lol..hopefully I can help someone out in the future, some guys are saying the 7 weight oil in the forks is too much...I might go for a 5 weight due to reported frame cracking with the 7 weight oil..
    I'll have to do some research...

Best regards

Ian

4. Ian

Per my threads we went down to 4 weight before I changed the forks.

4 weight definitely introduced some improvement.

Patrick

5. Hi Patrick,..ok 4 weight ..I'll give it a go...

Thanks mate..

6. Why not go to 2.5 weight. Might as well :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. 2.5 weight = Too soft. I suppose if I was going to thrash the nuts of the thing the 7 weight is what's required, however it's for normal road use so a 4 weight or a 5 weight would be better suited to my weight and riding style ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information