1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 St4s Head Bearings

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Davdog1, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Hi all
    I have the facelift 2005 ST4S and have just removed the front end. Head berings look a bit rough (along with a lot of other bits tbh :()
    Looking around on here i found this as a recommended alternative

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKF-63917...epid=0&hash=item1ec9661105:g:GBoAAOSwnK9ZQpT9

Could anyone please confirm these will be ok? Or suggest something else?
    I'm finding lots of other nasties as I get further down the strip-down so may be a nuisance for a while
    Dav

2. These are the wrong size. The bearing is 35x55x14. The Koyo 32907-JR is correct.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. As said wrong size, I have just bought a set of showe ones off ebay yesterday for £18.00, for ST4 frame, pity didn't see the above ones, cheaper. Having got a quote from ducati dealer in Alton. £40 each bearing plus extra for top seal. I am not a great believer in oem part's unless i have to, never had problems with pattern part, each to there own though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cheers folks I'm glad I asked. So in general is there little difference in the frame and other major cycle parts between the 2002 and 2005 models?
    I'm still doing my homework so again many thanks
    Dav

5. I have ST4 frame which is the base for a project I am doing on another thread here (ducati/raptor). i have found ST2 part's fit not that there is a lot of difference in frame's, the bracing in the engine area is different as they use different engine's, swing arm's are the same front fork's and yokes and the st4 use's 916/748 stuff. I also have a ST2 frame & 944 engine witch is my next project. If you search ST on the internet you will see a lot of cafe racer/custom bike's done with 916 swing arms, if it's a straight forward fit I don't no. I' putting a 999 swingarm on my st2. I have found on my project a lot of Aprilia RSV 1000 Mille fit with no work, ie yokes fit ST4 frame. Depends what you are doing with your bike, a lot is trail & error if doing a project and Ducati stuff even second hand is OTT price wise. But I will wait for the right item at what I think is the right price, there is a lot of ducati stuff that is interchangeable. Good luck with what you are doing

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Cheers again. I'm just refurbing the ST4s to see if I like it. Thing is that I'm a compulsive fiddler and never know when to leave things alone... Head bearings are done now but the list is still getting longer. I have a crammed shed with my Triumph jammed in as well so having to work on a bit at a time. Will finish front and left hand engine casings then turn it round and do the other side! I was only going to repair the bodywork....

• Like Like x 1
  7. I bought some pyramid parts ones for my 748 as it comes as a complete kit with upper and lower taper race bearings and seals. The bearings supplied were koyo and were a good price.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information