1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2008 Desmosedici Rr. 3,000 Miles.

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by SurreyST3Owner, Apr 9, 2016.

1. There's a cheap one of those available just needs a bit of TLC :D, "Trust me darling it's a good investment" :)

12961378_212148622494366_8170114692432750714_o.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Is it really an investment tho? 16k in 1996 was huge wedge, you can only buy a small range of Fords for that now.

Not a problem I face, as even if I hard a couple hundred grand in the bank I would be spedning 30k, never mind over 40, on a desmo.

Fair play to those that have :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. You really are twisting my arm now, £30,000.01 and not a penny more. :Greedy:
    And I've not even seen a picture of it. :Watching: :Snaphappy: :Smuggrin:

@Exige do you do belts for these?:Hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You will need 4 - and one of my conversion kits :Angelic:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh no..... That's one of those pictures you wish could 'un see'

6. Brilliant. Bet you sat up all night staring at that when you got it home....

7. Just SOoooo nice, I get it...totally! Awesome motorcycle! Did it come from Hants, my mate sold his with the GP system it was low miles.

#47 arthurbikemad, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Actually, it did look strange when I bought it as the GP7 exhaust kit was supplied for both versions of the bike (Team & Rosso). They were really difficult to get hold of, so dealers put on whatever they could get. There are loads about with the wrong belly pan on (including this one for £60k). It annoyed the hellout of me, so I painted it to how it should be.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/attach...desmosedici-ducati-desmosedici-rr-wheelie.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Ducati-Desmosedici-08.jpg?378220

http://www.roadsmile.com/images/ducati-desmosedici-rr_key_2.jpg

Picture1.jpg IMG_0902.JPG

#48 Robarano, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Prices on all sorts of classics and race machines are high now, but that's not to say it's not some form of economic bubble
    Classic and race cars are doing a similar thing, but that market is starting to flatten off somewhat, and bikes, I expect, would follow suit
    That's not to say the Desmo isn't a good investment, and even if it doesn't increase in value, it'd be a lovely thing to have any bikers garage
    Hope he sells it to someone that will use it

10. What's the BHP of the road version?
    Seen a few dyno graph that a bit pitiful considering the price take. Happy to be wrong...:)

11. It's not about the power tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yup - not just power, but I'd expect/want plenty for that loot and lineage.

13. @Robarano Ha, yeah sorry about that, before your heart stops I will PM my details for the V5 ;) lol

I say "fell" it did not fully fall, just fell towards his ramp, popped a small hole in the GP system's replacement lower.. so no big deal, I'd still give you 35k for it ;) :) Got to be THE best sounding modern road going superbike with the full system!

14. About 170-180 but not much work gets to 200+ I heard

15. Most made 174, flow work etc pulls near 200 as you say Bradders. All left with 200+ at the crank, still one of the fastest top speed superbikes ever made (production), tell you what though, ride one, you'd say it was more than 170, drop and a tooth on the front as Dave P did and you will not have time to worry about power haha

16. Having spent time following the other Dave around Germany I can assure anyone it accelerates quick enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not too dusty then. I remember a friendly dyno shoot out on here a while ago and IIRC the results were a lot lower.
    There was a bloke in the novices properly wobbling around Donny a few years ago on one. I genuinely thought that took proper balls! :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. When I bought my 1 year old multi at 12 odd grand I ride around scared for ages I would drop it the most I've spent on a car or bike ...this is a different plant 46 grand how much would that cost to insure? With my London postcode and honestly how long would you have to keep it to make any money on it ?

19. It would add around £500 to my policy (West London Postcode)....still no news if he'll accept my more than generous offer.

20. Likewise.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information