1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2008 Desmosedici Rr. 3,000 Miles.

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by SurreyST3Owner, Apr 9, 2016.

1. All piss taking aside I'm looking for a bike when I retire to fettle but lot cheaper looking for a rs 250 Aprila or a rg 250 suzuki something along them lines

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just as a friendly hello, you're coming over probably not the way you are in real life. In real life you're probably a lovely fellow...

Constructively, if you're posting an advert on a one-marque forum for a premium bike then you're going to attract at bit of interest. Pictures are great and we all like to look at them. A price is awesome and we all love to know things like mileage, service history, what accessories are included and all that kind of thing.

You can reply in a clever, chippy and smart-arse way if you like, welcome to. Like I said, "hello". :)

3. I have at the back of my mind a memory of a test MCN did somewhere in Spain with a D16RR back to back with a 1098R and surprisingly the 1098 edged it. Andy

Found it .

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've watched that a few times and the result didn't surprise me at all on a tight track. Michael Neeves said such at the time and said they didn't have any sprockets with them to lower the gearing.

The Desmo really comes on song at higher revs and is surprisingly docile lower down the rev range, a lot like you'd expect a 4 cylinder bike to behave, but with a lot of power high up. The 1098R is just a hooligan right through rev range with it's legendary torque.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Is that Mary's R being ragged, if not its her sister :)

image.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Looks like it, doesn't it. Fairing protectors and stickers on the frame close to the headstock. Nice to see a bike being used like that. :upyeah:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. It's a pity you can't get the chain through the frame.
    Great little work bench that...i've got one. The little removable panel at the rear helps on other bikes with wheel removal.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aaaaarrrrrghhhh........ YES, yes it is!! I've been rumbled again....

Wish I had a quid for everytime I've been asked 'Is that Martin's bike from Ducati Glasgow' Well no more because look! I've made it look different. No one will ever know. No one. Ever. Probably.... He he he he etc.... New!_1098R.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Is that Martins old bike from Glasgow with a paint job :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Much better with the red frame Paul :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Ta, the lad did a great job of the frame and it looks a gorgeous deep 'rosso' to the eye.
    I wanted a new CF body kit for it but I'd already spent eye watering amounts on wheels and swingarm so I opted for repair/refresh of bodywork to keep costs sensible. Almeria soon, can't bloody wait! :sunglasses:

12. Yep, I couldn't recommend a bike lift enough! They effectively take zero floor space and make all the jobs on your bike so much easier. My Mrs got that for me a couple of xmas's back. A must item for every man cave.....

13. Do you have a link to where I can get floor stand?
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just over £300 inc del on ebay. Wouldn't be without mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Which swing arm did you buy?

16. When are the images arriving of the bike in question for upwards of 40k?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. This bad boy... image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Had a bike lift for few years, canister went so gave away, got a table that you can put up and down. Trouble is, although easy to store and take everywhere, once the bike is on, its on! Wonder if a trolly jack could move it....CrASH!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information