1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2009 Ducati 1198s, Termis, Fully Serviced With Belts And Valve Clearances, 11,650 Miles, £8900

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Timmywimmywoo, Nov 3, 2018.

1. I've only had my 1198S for three months but have had it fully serviced by Pro Twins and taken it around Europe for 2,000 miles where it didn't miss a beat. I'm only selling because it appears a child is arriving in January and I'm just not going to have time to ride it, which is a pain because it's easily the best roadbike I've had.

The bike has these things:
    • Custom PPF kit applied by Auto Curators in Hook. It also had a full detail and ceramic coating for £500 back in September
    • Slash-cut Termi end cans and ECU upmap. It's the loudest bike I've ever had…
    • 2,000 mile old Power RS tyres with loads of life left
    • Rizoma footpegs (originals included)
    • Seat cowl

The new owner will probably want to put a new fuel tank on it in the next couple of years because it's expanded, but it's not touching anything it shouldn't be.

Open to sensible offers around £8,900.

Aaand forgot to say – the bike's near Dorking, Surrey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Timmywimmywoo, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I love the cricket shot! Great looking bike, I LOVE my 1198S... 3rd gear at 5000rpm :grinning:

3. Sucks about the kinder. Deepest condolences.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. I know, it's unfortunate. Actually I bought the 1198 knowing that I'd have time for one last trip around Europe with mates and wanted something suitably inappropriate to do it on. I had a 2013 Multi 1200S a few years ago which was awesome, but this has a rawness and front-end feel that very little else I've ridden matches.

I'm not completely desperate to sell it, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to keep it.

It feels like any gear at almost any rpm and it does silly things. Also the throttle connection is just incredible – there's something about the way it tells you what's happening at the back wheel. The throttle-by-wire bikes can't quite replicate that yet…

5. It feels like any gear at almost any rpm and it does silly things. Also the throttle connection is just incredible – there's something about the way it tells you what's happening at the back wheel. The throttle-by-wire bikes can't quite replicate that yet…[/QUOTE]

I think the xx98 bikes are the best Ducatis... The Panigalis don't have enough character or have the rawness. I love feeling all the backfires, pops and crackles!

6. I'm reading this and nearly pulled the trigger on a pani today. Not sure I want to now, and just keep my 1198

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Thats a lot of bike for the money.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Should have pulled out mate.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Newlands corner backdrop looks stunning too
    Lovely bike

10. Very nice, good luck with the sale.

Like @cookster, I'm thinking about changing the 1198S for a 1299(S) (especially reading the review by @burndownthediscos on here. But reading some of the comments here, having second thoughts...

Sorry to hijack the thread,but at least it keeps it at the top!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information