1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2010 Ducati 1198 For Repair

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by fury84, Dec 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry I didn’t get back to you Andy, Dean off ebay. I can’t justify the price I’m afraid as it could cost a fair few quid to restore to her former glory. Hopefully someone with the mechanical ability will get her and fix her up. Good luck with the sale.

2. Break it and sell the parts as there’s no future for the bike economy wise unless someone has a spare engine for it

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. That’s ok, I presumed you’d decided against it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I will if it doesn’t sell but won’t have time to do that for some months yet.

It’s on eBay now so will see what happens.

#24 fury84, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fair play, you never know if that right person out there has an engine waiting for it.i wish I’d never rebuilt my 848 back in 2009 when it did the same as all the parts and labour came to more than bike was worth

6. I would love to rebuild it myself but the reality is I don’t have the knowledge or time to do so.

• Like Like x 3
  7. At least you’re honest

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I was still trying to convince the Mrs this morning but apparently we need a new kitchen! Can’t see how that’s relevant and an 1198 would make our existing kitchen look way better

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Get her a kitchen and yourself a new bike, job done!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. At least it’s white like most kitchen appliances lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Did it sell?

12. Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 07.44.34.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sold! Bought by a very knowledgeable mechanic and I wish him all the very best with the rebuild.

• Like Like x 3
  14. The exact same thing just happens to my 2011 848. Used engine is $2500 USD. I will replace it cause I love my bike, just can’t believe it happened. Bike only had 4 thousand Km on it when the engine went. So if anyone out there needs 848 engine parts let me know. I plan on stripping the failed engine and salvaging the good parts to recoup so of the replacement engine costs

15. Glad you got some money out of it, hopefully it will be returned to its former glory and back on the road soon

16. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information