1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Vw Camper

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by Mr C, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Really 17mpg!

2. Really, those girls are cheap in London, it would cost you that an hour to watch in Portsmouth, more if you want to join in.

Nasher.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. I used to regularly kip in one of these.........mind you it was the mid eighties and was usually located in a wood somewhere in Germany :sleeping:, none of the mod cons mentioned above, just comms kit :confused:. Oh how I miss the Cold War :joy:.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maybe I could run Cold War experience weekends in the woods in Wales!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Took my HGV test in one of these when I was in my late teens. Oh what fun.

6. Ive a rusty old VW camper. Bastard thing, but he is fun to drive until you find a hill. 50hp they say? Yeah fuck off says I

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nearly finished it now. I would have liked it done sooner but a double header Euro trackday and then a holiday with Mrs C pretty much lost me over half of last month!

Rock and Roll bed arrives on Friday. Black with red stitching, it should look really good

Loads of pics etc on my FB page

https://www.facebook.com/freedomconversions/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  8. What are these like on fuel.
    We have a six berth coach built at the moment but thinking about a smaller van for the occasional night away.

9. Wow that looks amazing. Can you give me the details of where you got the units and fittings from? I've been doing my LWB Transit but it looks full on DIY compared to your work. I got it from Aberdeen a few months back but although it's awesome, I should have walked away as I've had so many problems with it.

10. They are good on fuel £20 got me to Kendal and back the other day and a ride out to Lytham a total of about 140 miles. If you go on the various T5 Facebook pages there are plenty of guys getting 600-700 miles on a tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sounds quite reasonable..... better than my 350LC by a long way !

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. There's mine. It's a pretty awesome set up but I wish I had the skills to get the finish that you have. it came converted but tired and not enough room for two bikes due to the toilet going back into the garage. I've ripped it all out and moved it forward plus made a desk so I can travel and work from the van.

Just been fitting these no strap systems which are pretty cool:
    IMG_1887.JPG IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1908.JPG IMG_1909.JPG IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1908.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. For those not on Facebook...

Tah Dah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. You guys heard of these wonderful places called hotels?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Top job there Mr C,
    Any thoughts on a pop top?
    Hope you have Many happy touring miles ahead.

16. Blimey better quality than some of the places I have stayed in.
    Just got back from Cornwall today and these vans are everywhere common as muck, do the Japanese make anything anymore like the Mazda E 200

17. Van is sold already gone with in a week and not a million miles off full asking price. I had two people wanting it at once, I had to let them down however I did say I could build them one to their spec and I think that might go ahead.

Ive gone a bit busy with these VW's all of a sudden, plenty of jobs for other people lined up, few leisure battery jobs a caddy maxi that wants insulating lining 12v system installing and some windows and two full conversions on the horizon.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Where abouts are you? I have some interior work needed on mine which has just come back from having an interior lining, altea floor, pop top, windows, batteries, inverters etc fitted and I now want curtains just like yours, bed in roof, roof bars, side runners and a few other bits and pieces. I'm near Geneva in Switzerland but travel to UK regularly to visit my daughters!

19. Sorry I have only just seen your post. Im in Chorley Lancashire. Not sure how far that is from your daughters?

20. Just bought a lovely low mileage 2014 SWB T5, Im collecting it this week coming. Plenty of pics to follow

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information