1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Vw Camper

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by Mr C, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Thinking of getting some fancy wheels for the camper. Can you recommend a fancy wheel shop? I'm down the big road from you in Sth Mcr.

2. I shouldn't be looking at this thread, it's giving me ideas as to what to do with my van and joinery skills when I retire in a couple of months.
    DSC_0047.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Go for it Steve, you won't regret it and it'll be easy to sell on, if for some reason, you don't take to it!
    Ps, looks cold in Bakewell today. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I am a big fan of the RS6 style that I fitted to my last van, Im just trying to do a deal with a supplier for more sets. They come in silver or gun metal and with tyres. Will keep you posted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Mr C, how does the petrol engined van (VR6 engine?) compare to the tradition TDI? Are there many petrol ones around, and are they better on emissions?

Do you feel the LWB version is definitely worth going for?

6. I have not seen any T5 Petrol versions, I dont think they sold them in the UK. I recall they did T4 VR6 over here.
    Every man and his dog has an oil burner.

The LWB is 40 cm longer, you do get a bit of car parking space over hang and thats the only down side I can see. I like the extra room you get when camping.

I struggled to find a decent LWB hence me getting the SWB, that said a Pop Top is always helps

7. Another beauty finished..

Take one Sparkies work horse, chuck some money and time at it and go from this..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  8. Another cracking conversation there Mr C. :)
    How long did it take?

9. Should have taken 4 weeks but an unforeseen fuck up put me a week behind.

10. I would be 100% interested in a gun metal set for mine if you can do a deal :upyeah: assuming they are 20" .....

11. That makes two of us.
    Do you intend to alter the suspension to fit 20" wheels, or is it a like for like swap?

12. Will be a like for like swop on mine, I have it lowered on coilovers and already on 20's but love these, and mine are a bit 'battered' :sob: I have no trouble running the 20's. Edit - see post #7 on this thread for photo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. They look great and especially like the black side bars. I'd like to swap my wheels but I'm a bit unsure what size to go for. Don't really want to lower the suspension but need to personalise it a bit. See post # 11.

14. I tried to get a deal from the seller, but there was zero discount. £850 gets you 20" RS6 Style with tyres

15. 20" looks great on aT5 Buut you really need to lower it or they just look crap. Mines dropped 50mm which keeps the ride acceptable. Also dont get 35 profile tyres as you will feel everything

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Fished this out of the garage after father died. Last used for a family holiday 41 years ago. Its got the pop-up roof and all the original fittings. 1500 Morris petrol engine, flat out at 45 mph.
    Brother has it now. New tyres, a service and MOT, new curtains and cushions and he and his missus used it as their wedding car a couple of years ago.
    DSC00165.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  17. What's behind that bulkhead with the shutter to the right of the kitchen area?

18. I have an old T2b VW Devon Eurovette in much need of welding etc. Shame as hes fun to drive but I havent the facilities. Wifey wants to let him go and get a T5. I am curious as to what I'd be looking at for a SWB version @Mr C. Ive not begun looking or have any idea.

19. Storage I think looking at it

20. Storage. The 240v RCD box and 12v fuse box also live in there
    [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information