1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 First Generation Multistrada 1200 S Touring Refresh

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Android853sp, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Bike was delivered back this afternoon with a shiny new MoT certificate and now needs 2 or 3 hundred miles put on it before getting a dynamic re-map. It’s raining heavily so hopefully if the weather is better tomorrow, I will take and post a few pictures then. Andy

#41 Android853sp, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Here are a few pictures of the finished bike. I have been very surprised by the quality, fit and sound of the Arrow exhaust. Very neat centre stand, stand-off, much better than than the OE exhaust. Only took a couple of minutes to fit the Evotech head protector. Now itching to get a few miles on the bike but not today. Andy
    20200501_120808.jpg 20200501_120821.jpg 20200501_120828.jpg 20200501_120840.jpg 20200501_121006.jpg 20200501_120907.jpg 20200501_120932.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  3. That's a mighty fine looking motorcycle you have there, you must be really happy with how that looks. Some lovely upgrades too. The Arrow exhaust really does look credit-card spankingly worthy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Very happy with the decision to rebuild rather than buy a 1260. Had a lot of good times with this bike and looking forward to more. Still hoping to make the Eiffel forest in August and touring in the Vercors Massif, SW France in September.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Really excellent decision. In my opinion, and probably yours too, the 1260 is (although very fast) not anywhere near as characterful. In some ways I do regret selling my 2013 bike. I look forward to hearing your riding impressions.

6. So, 120 miles and first impressions are the bike is different, good different. No remap yet and the Arrow clearly has different characteristics to the Leo Vince. Definitely feel a noticeable increase in low down torque. Gear change is slick, no issues selecting neutral. The engine is clearly tight but the potential is evident. Another 100/150 on Sunday so hopefully should soon begin to feel things loosen up. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  7. I’ve done 800 miles this week, leave it with me and I won’t even charge you!

8. Thank you for the kind offer but with the best will in the world, no chance. Andy

9. Cheesy wotsits???

10. Looks great Andy, i'm fairly sure I will be going down the same road with the Diavel in a year or so. Cant part with it.

11. Looks stunning Andy, my 2010 is 43k with no real issues and minimal corrosion, just serviced her and did the rear hub,the only thing is she likes to blow the festoon bulb for number plate regularly, I buy them by the dozen lol.

12. I

I swapped to LED number plate bulb and is lasting much longer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. More miles today, still maintaining good discipline with the throttle and trying not to spend long periods of time in gear, on a steady throttle. Really surprised by the torque characteristics but then remembered a fair bit of time had been spent polishing the inlet and exhaust ports. The gear change is a lot smoother and clearly benefitting from the super finishing. Spoke with the workshop today about getting the bike back into the workshop for the remap. It’s the first day the workshop are formally back up and running and their phone hasn’t stopped. Depending on how many miles I can get in between now and when it goes in, hopefully in a couple of weeks time, I might get them to do a filter and oil change as well. Ordered a pair of Metzeler M9RRs for one up riding and a pair of the new Roadtec 01 SEs for touring later this year in September. Really enjoying being back on the bike although my bum might disagree after a 2 month lay off. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  14. I assume that in effect you're having to run it in, as if it's a new bike?

If you can stand the looks, I've recently acquired an air cushion for my Enduro and it's sooooo comfy!

15. Yes, all new bearings, new bores, new pistons and rings so easing it in. Trying to keep above 3000rpm and below 6000rpm, building the revs and making sure not to labour in too low a gear. Early days but lots of potential. I have a Wild Ass but the sports version. I have the offer of the loan of a touring version but just haven’t been able to get across to pick it up. The coccyx removal surgery has reduced the pain but not totally. Sacrum ache sets in after about an hour. Andy

16. Gone through the 300 miles mark whilst out today so pushed the revs up to 7000 in 2nd gear on a couple of occasions. The bike is beginning to free up and rev really nicely. There is a definite kick as you go through 5500 and it just seems to pull and pull. I have a feeling that given another couple of months, there is a track day in the offing :D Andy

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bit of a ‘Homer Simpson’ moment whilst out riding today. I had begun to notice there seemed plenty of torque at 2500/3000rpm to pull in 3rd gear but not enough torque to pull at 4000/4500rpm in 4th. Whilst I’ve deliberately been changing up and down the box to vary the load and revs, 400 miles in and it was starting to be a chore. Looked at the dash a realised what a knob head I am, changed to Sport mode and all of a sudden I’ve got shed loads of torque to pull in any gear from any revs. Doh ! Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bored, decided the engine is run in enough so a spirited (but legal-ish) 120 miles today. I LOVE THIS BIKE :heart::heart::heart::D Andy

• Like Like x 4
  19. Money well spent

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information