1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 2013 Ducati 848 Evo Corse Se

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by RC1, May 17, 2019.

1. So its not had a cherished life... following PDI it missed the 600m running in service and is now due a service following the last one at Snells in 2016 at about 3k miles. Now showing 6k miles. its had a 5 registered keepers

Would you judge it as presented on the day or would the missing running in service be cause for alarm.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/ducati-motorbikes/2013-ducati-848-evo-corse-se/1338020217

2. Ducati use a very thin oil for the first run in period to aid the bedding in of the piston rings. It is not suitable for normal running and should most certainly not have been used for 3000 miles. IMO, I’d not even consider it. Andy

3. so many owners all ready would get me thinking.

4. i know... im thinking about it too

5. Be £300+ to get over here

6. its already looking a risky punt at 6k

7. It might be fine, end of the day a nurtured bike can mess up but like Andy mentioned about the running in oil just a tad worrying eh, lovely bikes them, maybe it had an oil change just not got logged been done at home

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. spoke to tom at snells said it was likely a ducati press bike given it was supplied by ducati HQ and the reg no... said it would be odd for it not to have had running in service so ill call them.... its the owners thing thats annoying me and then the ball ache of getting it here

9. Some things just have high owners the worry with high ownership is nobody takes responsibility for spending on service on the other hand when I buy a car or bike the first thing I do is take it for checking and service, it could be well looked after

10. and herein lies the issue... current owner isnt accepting that its owned a desmo service and wont reduce price accordingly. im moving on!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. That’s his problem now, plenty more bikes, I bought from Belfast bloody crazy unless it’s a bargain

12. yep i hear you...

13. I've bought my last 2 Ducatis from NI. £220 ish delivered, I can post up the number of courier if needed, nice bloke, dropped it straight to Ducati Nott'm. I see your avoiding this one but its still worth knowing rough cost

14. Unless you have a van you need to fly over to view or boat obviously then arrange transportation

15. Given how many had dash boards changed for misting, and 5 owners in 3k miles. I’d stear clear personally

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Update on the service history of this 848 Corse SE

PDI @ 10 miles - Ducati UK (service book stamped)
    Run in service @ 710 miles - Ducati UK (service book was not stamped at the time but has been posted to Ducati UK to get it stamped)
    2nd Service including belt replacement + MOT @ 2851 miles - W M Snell (service book stamped + receipt present)
    MOT, Side stand switch and new front supercorsa @ 3542 miles - W M Snell (receipt present)
    3rd Service including belt replacement, new rear supercorsa and MOT (no advisories) @ 5370 Charles Hurst Belfast (service book was not stamped but will be this week - receipt present)
    Current mileage - approx 6500 miles.

First Registered Keeper - Ducati UK
    Second Keeper - owned the bike until Oct 17
    Third Keeper - owned the bike until Charles Hurst brought it to Belfast in June 18
    Charles Hurst are a very reputable main BMW, Yamaha and Honda Dealership who sold the bike in June 18 to the fourth keeper. He decided a sports bike was not for him in April this year.
    The fifth keeper loved the bike but unfortunately had to sell it one month later due to accruing 14 points on his licence from a previous motoring offence that eventually went to court just after he bought the bike.

It is not uncommon for this type of bike to have a number of owners as buyers are often seduced by how they look, and sound (this bike has a full Termi system and matched ECU which sounds amazing) but they are not the most comfortable or practical bike on the market, which means they get moved on, once the itch has been scratched. Obviously the fact that the bike was pre-registered by Ducati and the 5th owner losing his licence has added to the number of owners on this occasion but the bike is in very good condition and rides perfectly. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  17. So who was the chap i spoke to on the phone who advertised it? was it the fourth or fifth? did you buy it?

18. The guy you spoke to was the 5th owner who got 14 points
    I bought it on Tuesday, took it for a good run, give it a clean, and it is now sitting in my garage. :)

848 forum.JPG

#18 Hannann, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  19. you did really well.... i did sense his story was off (he told me he was getting out because it was too uncomfortable) but if i was local i would have had good old sniff and likely bought it because it was priced very keenly

im glad my investigations helped another forum member if not myself!

20. To be fair, he told me the same thing and the bike was probably too uncomfortable for him, he is about 6’4. and I guess he didn’t want to tell a potential buyer that he had lost his licence as it weakens his negotiating position.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information