1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Dvt Multi, Brake Bleeding Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dereksmutley, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hi all, I've stripped my front calipers to check them whilst also replacing the pads with Brembo 37SA's.
    As I've lost ALL the fluid in the system, I want to know best way of refilling/bleeding please.
    I have a vacuum bleeder, so is it just a case of filling the reservoir and sucking through from right side then left?
    When if at all, should I need to bleed from the M/C nipple?
    Thank you kindly,
    Derek

2. Bleed at the m/c first then move to the furthest away caliper, the left one, then the right one. If you are fortunate, allowing the fluid to drain will not have created an air bubble between the m/c and ABS pump. If you find after bleeding through, the lever is still a little spongy, the way forward is to continuously bleed 2 or 3 reservoirs worth of fluid which should be easier with the vacuum bleed. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Hi Andy,
    That's great and week explained.
    I shall give that a go this evening and post a response back when completed.... Good or bad
    Cheers,
    Derek

4. I have a large syringe and suck the fluid through from the caliper bleed nipple using that, no chance of any air bubbles that way as there is on gravity feed :) Its less messy than some vacuum or compressor fed bleeders too ( I have those as well)

5. Thx, it's difficult purchasing syringes....I always feel like a drug user
    Then I end up telling the chemist that I'm bleeding my brakes.... Likely sorry

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. The Syringe I have is used for injecting horses and the like and about a foot long lol, I doubt any druggie would be able to use that and live :) I bought it from an autojumble...they always have 'em there ;)

7. Update on my bleed. I've done with vacuum pump and manual with non return tube attached. Seems that I have a slight spongy feel to the lever. Although on test ride the brakes feel very affective
    I've tied the lever back and shall leave overnight.
    Pulls back to about 1 inch from bar.
    So Q, do I remove the reservoir cap and diaphragm rubber also?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information