1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S 2015 Monster S

Discussion in 'Monster' started by KA77, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Looking at a low mileage 1200s for a mate tomorrow and wondered if there is anything in particular we should look out for?

TIA

2. I’ve got a 65 plate M1200S Stripe. I got it new and have put 28,000 miles on it. It has been pretty much faultless except …

Not too long after I got it, it started going into limp home mode. Fixed by a software update.

Last year it started running rough and cutting out but I traced that to the ambient air temperature sensor. It’s easy to diagnose because the reported air temperature was way off. It cost about £20 for a replacement and it takes 10 minutes to fit.

The only other thing is the much talked about useless rear brake. I live in hope of a recall to fix that.

3. I've got a 2018 1200s and the only problem I've had with it is the fuel gauge doesn't work properly, dealer can't fix it. My rear brake is fine. A great, fun bike.

4. I recently fitted a stahlbus bleeder valve to the rear brake calliper and, while it doesn't fix the problem, bleeding the brakes is easier.

5. Is the Desmo service due? (If so this will cost around £1000) Leaking clutch slave cylinder, ensure you start from cold and it idles smoothly.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information