1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 R1 Pre-orders List Opens

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by pingping010101, May 15, 2014.

1. Ive got new carbon lorraine sbk pads on the R1 and P4 brembo`s on the 996 with new EBC HH pads. Both have new race style HEL braided hoses going to the calipers. The P4`s and HH pads have improved things on the 996 greatly, but the R1 brakes are still better!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Get shot of the EBC pads, fit some Brembos or SBS and a Brembo RCS master cylinder. You will have braking to match the R1 then.

3. Better the R1 you mean! Wasnt that a weak point of the original bike, like many Jap bikes?

4. only what I would expect with EBC pads. Not the best. Try some PF or CL pads and it will improve.

5. Was going to order a 2014 ZX10R for the track (even though its not pretty), think I'll wait a few months to see what the R1 is all about.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm the ebc were a million times better than the ferrodo ones which came out. Will try some different ones then.

7. I think you were "invited" to buy an SL....having said that if I had 50k kicking around and Ducati came to me and said "we're building something for 50k - dya want in..." I think I would...

8. I like the look of the ZX-10 especially the way they've integrated the rear indicators. This is personal preference but the R1 is my least liked of big litre bikes, although I do like the endurance racer in this month's PB (he was in fowlers last year) parked my RSV4 up next to it which looked like a toy in comparison....

9. U say that Bradders but R1 brakes were pretty good for the time and the 996 is a porky cow at 190'something kilo dry

10. I can't help noticing that the current Fireplace looks unbelievably average. It's one of the least nice-looking Fireplaces they have made. It now looks like their 125 from about 1994, especially in the Honda colours. It's about the same size too. Completely bland.

It might be a stonking bike, but aesthetically, the Italians won't be losing any sleep.

I am now wracking my brain to think of anything stand-out nice about it. Remind me, someone.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Er... You can toast marshmallows on it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. 059.jpg

I really like the shape of them now but must admit when they first came out,
    i have resevations,here's my old one about to do a 10.01 @148 MPH run.

13. Watched fifth gear last night. Full on dragster 8k hp 1/4 miles in 3 secs. Blew the engine, 65k to replace and they swapped it in 15 mins. Madness

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jeez,that's a very powerful Blade Paul.....

15. Flames and everything :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wow,thats a fantastic time,I take my hat off to you,what mods??

17. Nice,your right,they are underated,thats a great time with std swinger and unstrapped.I've got a ZZR1400'13 and haven't dragged it yet but hopeing for better times on that.

18. I did my runs at RAF Odiham and at Thorney Island (47 RA ) so no nice rubber to rubbered in and absolutely refuse to do burn out(tyres are bloody expensive enough allready).Odiham was a challenge as had a 30 knot 3/4 headwind head wind but was the fastest in class and against the strap down and QS boys.Thorney was a lovely hot day in August.My 2nd best run was 60 ft 1.814 and 1/8th 6.677.'08 Blade with Akro+Pipercross filter and PC111 and no other mods but I am almost 13st so a bit heavier.The clutch on a Blade is so smooth and ungrabby in comparison to GSXR K Thous and that makes a huge difference.They are a very underestimated package. 024.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bloke on gixer k5 FB group does a bit of dragging and modding, until he hit the nitrous last week at allegedly 170mph and the fecker just exploded. RIP nitrous gixer bloke

20. Stu..maybe we should get together and you can teach me how to start. I'm crap at starts.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information