1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 R1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by big thumpa, Dec 2, 2014.

1. £14.999 Bit of a price hike for the standard model r1 m £18.499 :Bookworm:

2. £14.99 recurring? Sounds like a fookin bargain for me. A meal for 2 at Mcdonalds is £10.00

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. they've learn't from the ducati world that people will just put up and pay :)

You want fries with that? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Go large...?

5. The first pictures didn't look very impressive but the more I see and hear about the new R1, the better it seems. It looks like a proper package, rather than relying on some impressive feature to get media attention it's just all the right ingredients as a whole and looks like it is done well. I can't wait to see all these bikes up against each other.

6. I like it. Its currently favourite to replace my 1198 once I tire of it.

7. Brimey!

8. i like it too....

maybe in about 10 years I'll be able to afford one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm back in love with my 1198 since @CJS set it up. Combined with new clip ons I'm feeling more comfy on it too. So I'll likely keep her another year or so. Plus I like the way the 848/1098/1198 looks. Personally my opinion is that its much nicer looking than the pani, but i know i'll be in the minority on that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. i want one.

11. Not aesthetically it doesn't. It looks cheap.

The plastics and finish are awful and in GSXR territory.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Better than your VFR800 replica 899...:Angelic:

13. wish they'd put the pipe(s) under the seat...:pompus:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Its yer centralised mass innit, yer see. Lower the better. They all follow the sameltrends eventually

15. St Peter's Square...?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. nah, Albert.

17. I wish they would put the pipes under a fairing ,dont get the exposed pipes and cat box on the new R1,the h2 is the same.
    upload_2014-12-2_19-13-8.jpeg
    upload_2014-12-2_19-15-43.jpeg

18. Think it's eu regs to stop the wonkies in Lycra having a moan.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It does look like a pretty awesome machine. I wonder if Honda are taking note? The 'new' Blade will have to be a pretty impressive piece of kit. For me though, the 1299 still wins in the looks department

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. All the new stuff looks nice...a couple of years ago when I picked up my rsv4 factory we were driving back from northern Scotland with it and I was thinking " bloody hell I actually own something pretty well at the top of the food chain..." After this years stuff came out mine seems pretty pedestrian now.....

However, I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon as I don't think Ill ever find its limit plus, it sounds too nice! More than enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information