1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Rolex Seadweller Sd4000

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by ditchvisitor, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don't get the 'look inside' watches at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. image.jpeg
    The reverse side has a small window fashioned to imitate a cartridge in the barrel of a gun! It rotates as you move the watch around

3. It sold very quickly. Been on the waiting lists at three shops with no luck then by chance was wandering round Meadowhall and Goldsmiths had one. No one in the shop knew about it TBH, which is why it was probably just sitting amongst the Tag display. Snapped it up
    One of 750 worldwide with a one off gold edition being auctioned for the Ali Parkinson charity the night before general release.

4. Love a nice watch. Just can't bring myself to spend more than £300 on one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agree to a point, with me I looked at it as 1 off special purchase, will never sell it and hopefully give me a lifetime of enjoyment.

6. I said to my wife I wanted one (an Omega seamster, nothing too flash) for my 40th. She bought me a Jasper Conran Debenhams special instead. £70 of tat. She let me down. 7 years later and I still moan at her about it. And am still a little annoyed too...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Did she buy herself new shoes and a handbag at the same time?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. No. But I did buy her the £500 jewellery she wanted and spent close to another grand on a big party which was mostly her family (freeloading b'stards!!)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. 50th in 3 years bradders? Just sayin..

10. Already on it ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. No probably about it, my Wife's Rolex has never kept great time (to be expected from a mechanical watch I suppose) this got worse over the last couple of years so we recently had it serviced, took them about a month to do and cost around £600, now it gains around 10 minutes a month.

Looks nice though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yeah I always have a list of actually useful things the money goes towards.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 20 sec a day is outside of COSC spec, take it back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Okay, so I hope you are bloody happy now. The Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra,1500 gauss with the leather strap fits as if it was made for me. Bas***ds ! Only reason it's not on my wrist now is the one in stock had the bracelet which is too short. I think I'll get the Christmas spending done first so probably a retirement present to myself in January. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  15. She did last week, now we're waiting again.

In the meantime we've resurrected a 20yr old Gucci quartz watch that, with a £3 battery keeps perfect time...

16. older models should be in the range of -2 , +10 seconds a day. if you have had the watch recently serviced it comes with a 2 year guarantee. New Rolex watches operate within -2, +2 seconds a day, and now come with a 5 year warranty. I recently gave my daughter my rolex which is 20years old, and it always gained 2 seconds a day. I had rolex service it before I passed it on, and it still gains 2 seconds a day. My new rolex gains 1 second a day. I have found, as you should expect , that these watches are very tough and reliable, and lovely to wear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I bought a used Rolex Oysterdate when I was working at a pawnbroking company three years ago - they gave employees 25% staff discount, so I paid £1350 (without box). I bought a genuine box for it and it's promised to my elder son on my falling off the twig.
    Younger son gets a Tag Heuer Monaco, which he bought me when I retired

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nice one! As I had to wait over a month for mine, I was presented with an Omega branded bottle of bolle too:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oh My God, just found this :Woot:! Now I'm torn :Nailbiting: decisions, decisions. Andy
    IMG_0176.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. A face only a mother could love ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information