1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Rolex Seadweller Sd4000

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by ditchvisitor, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .
    Don't care :p. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. I just hate the way this takes over your life. Been spending a "little while" surfin' and there are some really nice and almost affordable watches out there. I appreciate style but I also am drawn to that something a little special or different. The plain simplicity of this has my fingers twitching. Andy

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  3. It's the horological equivalent to/of Ducatis/Carbon. Have a look at some Tudor ones-the bronze is quite nice.

4. Different

IMG_1954.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. I always loved this icon.... 20160216_083545.jpg

6. A good choice- the original style? There qre numerous tributes and variations on that one .endless limited editions -30th anniversary of the moon landing,49th etc

7. My son (an accountant in Boise Idaho) bought a used Milgauss four years ago - if I remember right, it cost £4500. To my mind it's feckin ugly.

I bought an Omega Quartz Seamaster eleven years ago when it was 5 years old, and (with box/manuals/papers) I paid £550.

[​IMG]

It's had two batteries in those eleven years, and gains around ten seconds a month. On Ebay, they're going for £950-1250 nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yep ref 311.30.42.30.01.005. 1861 cal. A must have in any watch collection imo!

9. I remember when they came out in the late 60's they were £80 IIRC.

10. Omega seamaster . Looks good, timeless design (blue dial), wear with tatty jeans and Tshirt or go the full Armani look! Good buys 2nd hand and even reasonable value new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Those are now immensely expensive, i think they had the 321movement iirc

12. How even be feel about Cartiers?

13. Had a Santos , sold it . regret I did

14. Is it just me? They do nothing for me whatsoever. Soz.

15. You must have come across this in business - people up their own arse stating : did you see the watch he's wearing - that's the mark of the man. We have such an idiot on the board of our company, he's a shit head and knows I think so :D I haven't worn a watch for 15 years or more - the time is on your phone?
    I do own a 1950's gold Rolex 3/4 face for sentimental reasons - was my Dads, but watches in general - obsolete jewellery :)

:Writing: going to hide now...

:Bag:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. If i could I would bin my phone and let the watch tell me the time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. People buy luxury items for their own reasons. I remember doing a Ducati evening track day (on blade) and found that 99% of the riders on Ducatis couldn't ride on track to save their life: but it didn't stop me buying a mulistrada !

18. Pre price rise?

19. yup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information