1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 1199r :)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Dunlop slicks rock! Matched yesterday's best time on the first session and got down to 2'09.5'' by lunch time. My new favourite tyre!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Told you you'd like em!

3. Forgot to mention, there's loads of panigales out here. At least four or five just in fast group and probably another ten in the other groups

4. Proper bikes, see [emoji13]

5. Todays fun

• Like Like x 5
  6. Really impressed Sam. Can't believe I was scared to swap before now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mission successful :) Knocked off another couple seconds today on two day old Dunlops. Best time was 2'08.28'' and consistently in the 2'08''

• Like Like x 4
  8. And look out for mr highside at corner five!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Looking mega mate! That R looks like a bit of a handful.

Credit to you, peddling well buddy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Which compound did you go for? Booking a trip to Cartagena and want to try the kr106/108 combo myself.

Aragon looks brilliant

11. Dunlop are meant to give best grip and decent longevity. I didn't like them, too stiff and move too much mid corner (they are meant too)

Trying the bridgestones next.

12. I've just ordered some of the Bridgestone V02 Slicks. £400 for two rears and a front is a good deal, and all I hear is praise for them

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I did have a moment during hard braking on the second day that I thought was tyre related as I was riding harder and had put a new set of brake pads on only a day and a half before. Turned out I had gone right through a set of pads in less than two days on track and the first morning was fairly easy going learning the track and getting used to the bike. Check out the brake dust on the body panels. The only explanation i can think of other than a dodgy set of pads is that my discs are a couple years old (from my 1199S) and getting thin so perhaps getting hot?

IMG_7164.JPG

14. Met a guy at Bedford today riding 1199R called Windy and doing some NL instruction. Lovely lovely bike.

15. PWP_8824.jpg PWP_2355.jpg PWP_5944.jpg PWP_6853.jpg PWP_4892.jpg PWP_8022.jpg PWP_4000.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. Peter Wileman always takes awesome pictures.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Efficient use of brakes mate ;)

18. Haha yeah that's a good point. Maybe I was using them too much in the wrong places whilst learning the track?

19. Best thing about good pads...mega breaking. Worst thing about good pads...wear out in no time!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information