1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 1199r :)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Great shots, that wall is amazing :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  2. A lad at Donny said his pads weren't lasting very long and the brembos were big bucks so he tried some cheapies, only just managed the day on em :Wideyed:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Was he around 50 ish? I was chatting to a guy in Aragon with the NL crew who said he had one.

4. Yep, tall guy, not much grey hair. Also has. 999r.

5. Which pads are you running ?
    I have the same calipers and run SBS dual carbon. I get 5-6 solid days out a set, and at circa £50 set, that's reasonable value compared to the brembo pads

6. I've been using Bendix MRR Racing Sintered pads for the last year or so. They normally last three or four trackdays on the 1199S. They are about £65 for both sides so pretty good value. I'd try the carbon ones but because I swap discs between wheels sometimes there's a chance they'd need to be used in the wet and I wouldn't want wet use discs bedded in on carbon pads.

7. Pretty cool stats on the lap timer :) IMG_7167.JPG IMG_7166.JPG PWP_6725.jpg PWP_5051.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. I'd buy one just for the dash!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I know they are pricey, but have you tried the Brembo sintered ones? I find they last really well, but I'm not as quick or hard braking!

I'm told it is the same on the 1299s in Race, but haven't played with it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've got some Brembo hpk discs on order but they're months late. I'll take a look at those pads as well.

11. I've got some Brembo hpk discs on order but they're months late. I'll take a look at those pads as well.

12. Have a scan down this page. I use the SC sintered. They do do a more race focussed ZO4 sintered pad they were trying to sell me, but not great for the road where mine still gets used...
    Brembo Motorcycle | Motorbike Brake Pads

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. man... i want your life

14. From Mr 1198R!!!!!

15. Haha I was going to say the same :)

16. Well on the road the R is noticeably worse than the 1199S but I think it's more rev related though as you have to ride the R an extra 1000rpm higher than the S everywhere. I get about 100miles on average before the fuel light comes on on the S and the R is more like 80 miles.
    On track where both bikes are always high revs it's more similar at around 5 litres for the S and I reckon 6 litres per twenty minute session with the R.

17. Just don't run out.... I can confirm a 1299s will not finish a session (10.7miles in fact) after the reserve comes on as you're leaving pit lane! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Haha yeah been there! I ran out three corners from the end of the lap at Donnington recently. Luckily it normally cuts from starvation after fuel sloshing on lean or acceleration so you can usually start up again and get a few more corners upright!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm getting the Z04's fitted to mine bike just before its off to Portugal along with some HPK discs. Looking forward to trying them out!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information