1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 2016 Ducati 1299 (base) Review

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by burndownthediscos, Oct 1, 2015.

1. If you ride it like a slow twat computer says 42 mpg in sport , didn't last long , have managed 30 miles after light on , before giving it a drink , better than the old bike for sure

2. OP have they offered you a deal on a 1299?

I just bought one. Can't wait. Will have a 748 and a 1299. Wonder which one I'll be using more :-D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes mate a really good deal given circumstances and I'm really over the moon at how my dealer and Ducati have handled the whole thing. Exemplary and its purely down to my dealer that I haven't walked away from Ducati altogether.

Bikes can break and develop faults. That's something I understand and don't mind. Its how the dealer you paid all the money to deals with it that counts and mine have gone above and beyond.

So yes 1299 base and akros sometime in next month. Just in time for acf50 season.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Good result. My understanding is that a standard 1299 is pretty loud. Do you think the akro's will be bearable?

I'm using my old 1098 with termi cans as a benchmark. That was how I'd like it to sound.

5. It is loud I have the dealers demo at minute and its noisy. If it's like the 899 the termis were same volume just deeper.

6. Were are you not tempted to wait on the 959? Or was this to far away?

7. Its the features of the 1299 that I love, that won't be on the 959 (asked and was told) that helped make the decision, with the akros and price they have offered me it's easy decision.

959 will surprise

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Features like autoblipper and colour screen?

9. I think cylinder displacement does it for me.... Old fashioned i know...

• Like Like x 1
  10. WERE YOU NOT GETTING 65MPG STU ??

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I , was behind you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. a no mate u were following me black lines,

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. You must hav had black paint on ya rear Again lad
    You no who lays the best Darkies

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. just as well them pannis got traction control else you,d be on Newcastle airport radar

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Nice in depth review :upyeah: , have you test rode any other 2015 bike eg r1 s1000rr etc . I'd be interested in your findings .

16. I've ridden the 1000RR but only about 40 minutes and I wouldn't want to write based on just that. I'll see if I can borrow friends for a commute and a sunny morning then do one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've ridden both and whilst the BMW is a great machine, you would never open the garage door and think how good your bike looks.

Not much character either.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. , I would have agreed a year or two ago but I rode my pal 2015 sk1 found it to be best bike I've ever rode power delivery , looks well in black . When riding my 1199 I'd never have considered any other machine since crashing it and not being in a financial state at time to replace it , I ended up buying 2015 zx10 after throwing a few quid at her by no means does she have the look of 1199 but fantastic machine . Would love to hear anyone rode new r1 ? I rode 1299s last as genuinely going to purchase it with akro full system sadly in all honestly bit disappointed . But I'm still tempted to give 1299 another longer demo as I loved 1199 so much .

19. what's an sk1?

20. S1000rr

Do Not Sell My Personal Information