1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2016 Dvt Starting Prob

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ant stinson, May 15, 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. Thanks for the help Old rider

2. Update on mine now I'm home - fackin thing starts pretty much first time. been checking voltages and charging volts n now on day 3 wi no optimate n it's fine.
    Only thing I can think was the issue in France is I left it parked outside hotel n it pissed it down in the night so cudve been that.

3. I had problems with lazy starts and battery being flatten with my 2015 DVT.
    Got a shorai LFX18A1-BS12, cranks over a lot quicker, usually on the second rotation/crank (about 1.5 seconds... hope that makes sense) normal lead acid was taking 3 to 5 rotations and sluggish.
    The other good thing with the shorai it takes longer for it to go flat and if it does you can still bring it back. Oh and another bonus is they weigh next to nothing.

4. Just a thought - make sure that the handgrip heater is switched off before trying to start the engine. The 1200 DVT requires quite a lot of grunt to get it turning over when cold - at least mine does - and the grip heater can draw enough current to leave a weak battery struggling

5. Is it THIS your problem????

6. Maybe a tps reset needed? Of has it got an aftermarket can? What happens if you apply a blip of throttle just after it started and as it begins to wane?

7. I had a number of bikes on the optimates and found short term they worked okay but for not so much for long term, the mk 111's and mk v's seem to have issues. The cteks however were smart chargers that are actually battery tender/conditioners and seemed to work without any issues at all.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information