1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2016 Panigale 959

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by bigjimmyb, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Maybe it's the market then.

One thing I won't do is auction it. I've had interest from 2 chaps but they pi$$ed me about.

I'd have thought my exhaust would be way better than the awful standard one, which would have made it more attractive.

899s seem to be doing OK, and this is a effectively a better 899.

As for lower mileage, agree to an extent but 16k isn't high (divide it over 6 years) - I've seen some for more money with <1500 miles before a Desmo is needed, so in a year or so (ish) it will need another grand spent on it.....?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 899s holding their money way better and imho a better road bike than the 959. certainly for grin factor.
    I would be looking at buying another 899 before a 959but i guess thats personal preference.
    One thinh i will say is someone is likely going to haver to throw a few hundred££ at some red farings as the white ones arent to everyones taste.
    As i said glws,

3. I've not ridden an 899 so have no comparison to make.

I did think about changing the fairings myself, but though I'd give the buyer the choice - maybe I'll knock another couple of hundred quid off if a buyer comes and it's a sticking point.

4. i just dont get why the 899 commands a premium. is it really a better bike to ride because the 959 i thought was an upgrade in all respects? i think there were fewer 899s made so folks may attach a premium to that but its hardly a limited edition

5. I owned both and rode on the road only (but used as a commute too so lots of miles) can only say I found the 899 easier on the clutch easier to fling about (I’m 6ft), noticed hardly any difference in performance power/top speed wise and just prettier to look at.
    You’ve definitely got the exhaust mod going for you though it’s a complete ball ache getting those hideous side cans replaced with the under belly’s and I think that’s another 959 turn off with regards holding value.
    The 899 looks beautiful with the bog standard cans on.
    All my opinion of course :)

6. you have noise issues on track with those akras

7. i thought they both looked the same so i will now google this

8. Be fine with a set of baffles in

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Mine wasn’t. Even with closed end Pipewerx ones which are quieter than Akra ones.

10. They're not Akras. They're from a 1299. As are the lower fairings I think - they've got '1299' written in market inside them :)

11. My bad. I did not check your pics and the comment re fine with baffles in took me down the Akra route. Yours with standard 1299 cans would almost certainly be ok on track, be very unlucky to get the dreaded black flag with them on.
    I stand by my comment re 959 with removable baffles all the same.
    GLWS.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sorry my mistake

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bike sold - £8k

I'm a bit disappointed but maybe my expectations were skewed by the market being a bit more buoyant recently.

I'm going to put a few quid into the 1098S - starting with a new spider spring for the slipper clutch which broke last week - probably because the main dealer didn't apply graphite paste when reassembling. It's also damaged the cover and other visible parts.

Going back to them will be futile, so I have just to suck it up and look to replace the damaged parts when able.

• Like Like x 1
  14. well done mate... its a mare out there. if it makes you feel any better i walked away from a boggo standard 10k mile 2016 959 he wanted 8.2k for it and i wouldnt budge from 8k

15. Thanks RC1. That makes me feel better around the price benchmark.

I am tempted to sell the 1098 once clutch is done, but then what next with £15-16k?

16. S1000RR ;)

Ha no go pick up a nice Gen2 Pani R. They seem to be tumbling in price or Sat with weed tumbling past….

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. v2 bayliss dec/jan

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Forgive my ignorance, would that be an 1199R?

I have dabbled with looking at them and 1299S

19. Something I have considered. There is a nearly new one on eBay, assuming it hasn't been snapped up.

20. except mine , mine rocketing up in value :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information