1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Lincolnshire Ride Out's And Meets

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Ben Mallinson, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Sorry lads, can't make it! Won't be back home while 4:00 am ish then taking my gremlin kids camping! :confused:

2. I'm about to head over to Squires on the Hyper, I'll look out for you all

3. I'm here on the 1098R, sunny too :) been here 30 mins, no sign of anyone yet.

4. Well as I put my helmet and gloves on at 9.25am it started to spit a little. Nae bother says I, it should be fine. So I set off.

It starts to rain a little heavier but still not a problem. I pull into the Shell garage 8 miles down the road and fill up. It's still raining but not too bad.

I get to the M1 and head north and all the time the rain is getting heavier. I get to the M62 junction and its lashing down and the clouds over the east towards Sherburn are black and heavy looking. Having done 22 miles I decide to turn back for home.

By 10.30am I'm home, soaked through. Panigale has been dried off and put away.

It's now 11.30am sunny and pissing down at the same time. How does that work?

5. It can't have been sunny at 10am! The clouds were black!

6. Set off at 10.30, still sunny here :)

7. @Loz their talking about the weather. a little clarification required here.

8. Weather is what happens outside of the hut. Nae trouble yersell, son.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good turn out in the end, all except ElT : unamused: sunny too o_O

10. It was a good turn out in the end! We escaped all rain but a little shower whilst on the phone with El T... Ended up being a great day.

The ride up there was crap due to more road closures than we could shake a bloody stick at! Thankfully @Exige had faith in us showing face and greeted us with a tapping of the watch as we rolled in a 11:30 :confused:

The ride back was great though, alternate route and some great roads, very little traffic and good riding by all! Despite people putting the woolies up me with regards to the Panigale's rear shock mountings being known to have failed and hinting this could be something I want to look at during the winter months.

Great to meet you Stu, @Tobytyke and @Steve Shorter

WP_20170930_09_45_28_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Still raining here :(

12. Back home safe and sound.
    Changeable I think describes the weather today. Had a great dry day here (sorry El Toro), only a few spots of the wet stuff once or twice.
    Good to meet up with some more names from here and get one more rideout done this year.
    Thanks to Ben for organising and providing a cuppa at the end of the day. Hope everyone is home safely.
    Cheers, Chris

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rain here now, but not in the pub which is where I'm heading soon :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hi, good to meet up today. wondered if you could send on the photos of Roger's bike & garage? Cheers, Ray

15. Shame the weather was crap for you today Terry. We are hoping to come up to your end for a night away again during the winter though, so we'll hopefully be able to have a few pints and a catch up even though the bikes are laid up for the winter ;)

16. Ray,
    Was it you who I met briefly when I came over to see Stu and let him know we were going to make a move?

If so, good to meet you even though it was short and sweet :upyeah:

17. Looking forward to it Ben :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I may venture out tomorrow on the scrambler. The scrambler like rain and wet conditions :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Your a better man than me, I like the rain and wet conditions less than any bike I've owner. I used to hate riding my Montessa trials bike in the wet, and it annoyed me that simply using it resulted in it getting dirty :joy: Needless to say, I only kept it a year...

20. Will do :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information