1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Lincolnshire Ride Out's And Meets

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Ben Mallinson, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Great news on the PP! Whats the latest on it? Did you get someone to look at it?

2. Got Chris Gunsters to come n pick up, luckily they had a Multi S in to test out the problem on mine, There's four wires in the ignition switch, in the up position there is a red/white and blue/white bridge 2 together and it fired up off the button...

• Like Like x 1
  3. It was a close call. Shaft-drive and a screen were the deciding factors :D

4. where in East Yorkshire are you? I grew up in South Cave.

5. I went to a "wedding do" in some hotel in South Cave about 20 years ago. They divorced within two years from memory.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I think it might be cursed... Cave Castle is normally where pre-divorce ceremonies are held. Good place for catching tadpoles in Spring too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. My cycling coach is in South Cave .... I generally associate South Cave with pain o_O Horrible place :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. further east near Driff

9. Aha, nice one.

10. Well last year seemed to come and go in a blink, had every good intention of joining you on some of the ride outs but always seemed to clash with other stuff I'm afraid, seems that being retired I have even less time, albeit usually doing things I want to do :motorcycleduc:;). So must make more effort this year, would be good to meet a few more like minded folk. Ride all year round but the 1098R stays wrapped up until at least April, the DVT has now clocked up 30K, out on it yesterday -5c in places but Devils Bridge was somewhat deserted :thinkingface:.
    Hope to meet up with a few of you this year.
    Phil

20180108_094411_1515527360261_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. I get over that way once the roads dry a bit, may see u around but the next few mths will be on the Honda

• Like Like x 1
  12. I stop off once Devil Bridge (Kirby Lonsdale ?) on the way back from Hartside Cafe once... Didnt realise how close it was from Heyshem Docks to/from IoM times

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Its always good to meet other like minded owners Phil so will look forward to meeting you at some point this year all being well...

Where abouts are you based? There's plenty of us dotted bout Lincolnshire and some of our Yorkshire counterparts like to pop over occasionally too :)

Ben

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks Ben, I'm in East Yorks near Driffield, will keep an eye on this thread for ride outs :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Will look forward to you joining us, I quite fancy seeing a bit more of up your way too so would be good to come across your way too if you fancy playing tour guide at any time ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'll see what I can do :motorcycleduc::thinkingface:, just need some :sun:

17. Initial post in this thread has been updated with some information on both Local(ish) Organised DOC Meets & Bike Nights...

Just thought this may be useful for those who fancy heading for a ride out last minute and looking for somewhere to head :upyeah:If anyone would like more adding to the list, feel free to let me know and I will update it for you ;)

18. I joined DOC middle of last year and wouldn't mind doing the Goodmanham meet one week, the ride there isn't unpleasant (especially if you ride 'round the river rather than across the bridge (although that said, there's a cracking little section between South Cave and Market Weighton that I (mis)spent my youth hurtling along if you do go over the bridge), and by all accounts they get a respectable turnout on sunny summer evenings including from a number of classic Ducatis.

The Plough meet at South Leverton is lovely. One of my faves.

IMG_6329.JPG IMG_6332.JPG

There also used to be a DOC meet at The Royal Oak (I think it's called) in Snitterby on a Tuesday (?)... I fell out with the pub in Snitterby as the landlord is an obnoxious so and so, rode by one night and there were two lonely souls on Multistradas only.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I also fancy the Goodmanham, tried to make it there several times but didn't happen in the end. My Rota falls better for them this year though so it will happen this year :)

Not done South Leverton either so that one is on the 'to do' list for this year also...

Don't know if you've been to the Tickhill one before @Fire3500 but that's a nice meet and popular with a whole array of bikes turning out so worth a look...

20. I haven't, Ben. I'd very much like to get there this year though. I'm presently fighting with Ducati about the homologation number of my MHR, but my #1 goal for 2018 is to get along to a DOC meeting on the MHR on a warm sunny evening. :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information