1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Lincolnshire Ride Out's And Meets

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Ben Mallinson, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Well keep us all posted with your plans and if you fancy a ride out somewhere...

I try and give people at least a few days notice for local rides and meets and as much notice as possible if trying to arrange something with members from a bit further afield and it normally works out that a few of us manage to make the effort and meet up ;) Had some great rides and socials last year!

@greencat (who's still to come out of hibernation and make his existence know this year :eyes:) also puts a lot of effort in to organising a ride out in September which I managed to make last year, so that's another one to keep an eye out for ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. From the guy who organises the Goodmanham nights

That could be 2 MHR's at Goodmanham there a guy call Ray whos got one but then he has many bikes...

He get alot promotion from us doesnt he....Meant to be Lincolnshire section
    [​IMG]

3. Is he a Geordie-sounding fella who has a Hyper too? If so then I met him on his MHR in Thirsk last summer.

4. Not sure if he's a Geordie but he has a Hyper aswell... Always wears a tan leather jacket n jeans...

5. That's the dude. Seemed like a nice fellow, had a good chat with him about his MHR.

6. Evening all, just been looking at the weather forecast and I'm thinking that Friday could see me getting out for my first blast of the year (sun is forecast but still a bit fresh at 10 degrees)...

I've been chomping at the bit for a while though and bought some winter gloves yesterday so I may just brave it providing the rain has washed some of the bloody salt away and the gritter's don't appear again before then...

I'm thinking a nice steady run to Italia Moto (from scunthorpe, via gainsborough) for a looksee and warm, then head out the back end of Lincoln, out to wragby and on to willingham for a cuppa on the way home.

Anyone else got any plans?

7. I too will be out and about on Friday and over your way
    I plan to ride down to Conningsby watch a few planes then either ride on down to the Sportsbikeshop shop or come back up to Metheringham and down to Italia

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hmmm, what sort of time were you planning to arrive at Italia?

Wouldn't mind a ride out to Conningsby either... Perhaps we could sort something out?

9. I would plan to leave home about 9-9:30 so I would be at Barnetby top an hour later I cut through to Bigby then Caistor to Horncastle across to Conningsby
    Have you ridden the Conningsby Woodhall Spa Bardney road ?

10. I have been down that road a few times in the past but not recently. Sounds good to me though, I can meet you at barnetby top if you like? Around 10.30 meet there would work for me too :upyeah:

Sounds like a nice run out :) @greencat (Chris) may fancy joining if he's not working too:thinkingface:

11. 10:30 it is then Barneys cafe

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sounds good, will see you there providing the weather is good as forecast :upyeah:

13. Guessing your a Eurofighter anorak plus might luckliy to see a gunship and the odd spitfire flying about... Ive only seen the eurofighter once, had to stop at the rear of the runway (newyork straight road) the day i bought my PP last june...

14. Well it looks like the worst of the salt has been washed away from the roads and the forecast for tomorrow is looking promising :)

Providing nothing drastic happens over night, I'll be heading out to meet @higgy748 for my first ride out of the season! Happy bloody days o_O

If anyone else fancies joining us, meeting point it Barney's Cafe (Barnetby Top) at 10.30am :upyeah:

15. I've been there. :) :upyeah:

I won't be tomorrow though. :(

16. i will sadly be at work

17. Hi all, as I carry the grand title of East Yorks DOCGB Coordinator I thought I would add a bit of info to the thread.
    The Squires meet will begin again on the first Wednesday of April approx 7pm and is a joint get together with the newly formed North Yorks Branch, which should increase numbers further :)
    The Goodmanham meet on third Wednesday is from 7:15/7:30pm although a few of us meet at Harpers Wetwang around 6pm for FnC and ride in together, feel free to join us!
    All the dates are on the new DOCGB website calendar and are posted on facebook page 'Ducati Owners Club East Yorks Branch' just search for page and ask to join.

Hopefully see some of you soon!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Thanks for chipping in @Dutchy916

I took the opportunity of posting information on regular Local(ish) bike nights and meets on the opening post in this thread and also captured your regular meets. I didn't think you would mind me including them...

I'm really hoping and going to try and get across to some of them when my rota allows, it's always good to meet other like minded owners. Hopefully we'll see you across our end for a ride out or two this year too :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. It would be good to meet and have a ride out if you make it down this way this season. Don't forget to let us know in advance on here if your coming and fancy it ;)

20. Hi Ben, no worries, feel free to post dates etc anywhere you want/can :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information