1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro 2018 Multistrada Shutting Down - Ducati & Protwins Shocking Customer Services - Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by big mark, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Throwing in the words good will, on a bike in warranty... That just means we want you to think we are doing you a favour in fixing our shit

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. I'd try trading standards personally, but as others have said you probably need to keep riding it (or pay me to ride it) until it shuts down again. It's a shame the shop are being such a nightmare, and that Ducati UK won't get involved.

Hope you get satisfaction in the end.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sounds like a Friday afternoon (after a wine and Pasta Lunch) bike.
    How many miles has it done?
    IME Multis need to do at least 1.5 - 2k miles before they really start to loosen up and perform.
    I have had 4 Multis from PT and so far and rate the technicians highly - the sales are sales guys!
    As mentioned get some (careful) miles on it and see how it goes. If it fails again write / email to Ducati UK HQ with a full history.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also had 4 Multis from PT and also find them great to deal with. The first 3 had fuel sender issues which screwed up the guage but they were fixed under warranty. The previous bike suffered once with a cut-out and a blank dash but it happened just the once and was fine after a restart. This one, looking forward to the odd quirk, but all in all my experience with the bikes and PT has been positive. And at the moment I prefer the 2016 year/model to the latest DVT one. But I am sure I will change my view...

• Like Like x 1
  5. As above, first I'd call Trading Standards and document all the correspondence you can. Give up on calls and stick with emails, ideally add received and read notifications.

Then I'd start riding her with a camera running, ideally showing the dash and /or mounted on your helmet. Go for some rides avoiding any overtaking that could be an issue if that's when it cuts out.

If/when it does cut out you have evidence of it.

Good luck.

6. Good advice above

Motorways are probably a good bet. No tight bends and a hard shoulder to pull into

7. Haven't read all the posts but I've had similar problem in the past
    If the bike is on finance it's the finance company responsibility to resolve the problems with the bike
    If it's not financed speak to trading standards your rights are clear cut under current legislation
    In my case after months of problems and arguments with the dealer I spent £100 on a solicitor one letter and I got my money back
    Hope this helps

• Like Like x 3
  8. Well it goes to saying the bike is as good as the dealer servicing it.

9. Mark you mentioned tuesday that they claimed to have fixed it and was ready for you, have you had a chance to ride it yet?

10. What do trading standards or citizens advise actually do/ everyone says contact them, yet CA are rarely open and TS website is anything other than friendly. Have tried both, several times, with zero success in gaining the insight into actually what they do....

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. CA explained to me what my rights were and explained the different procedure with a vehicle on finance and one that isn't to reject the vehicle or how to get your money back
    I found them very helpful you can speak to them over the phone
    In my case I phoned Black Horse made an official complaint the next morning had call from the dealer bike went in 2 days later fixed

12. When I tied to speak to someone after an issue buying a car in Scotland, England ones didn't want to know ('different laws, can't help') and the Scots ones are non-contactable and dint respond to emails. Same with trading standards. Utterly useless IME.

#54 bradders, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  13. As others have said, I think the issue here is going to be the dealer believes the problem is fixed.
    Unless you can prove them wrong by riding the bike, you have little chance of rejecting it under any terms, even if it was on finance.
    With regard to using consumer credit terms by using a debit card to pay, it is worth noting that the period of cover from using a debit card vs a credit card is somewhat shorter, and provides less coverage. This is because its a method of payment and not a means of credit.

If you don't intend taking out finance on a vehicle, it is always worth paying the deposit using a CREDIT card. You can always pay it straight off as that doesn't affect the protection provided.

Putting myself in the dealers shoes, they have a bike that they believe they have fixed. Customer relationships aside, they have no legal or moral obligation to take a bike back at a price they consider too high. I know this doesn't help you, but at the end of the day they are a business. If they pay over the odds for the bike they make the loss, and with little benefit to themselves as you've already declared you have lost faith on them / the brand, so its not like your going to buy another bike from them.

Market value wise, any new vehicle essentially loses 20% (i.e. the vat value) as soon as its registered and ridden away from the dealers. This is why pre-regd bikes are always cheaper than unregd. Now throw in accessories, and in reality they add little to the value of the bike, just increase its saleability (more spec, more appealing, easier to sell).

I think they are pulling your pants down with an offer of 11k. I am assuming its a 2018 Enduro, as tagged by this thread. That does seem particularly low. That said, I'm not sure how you managed to get the price of an enduro up to ~24k, even with every accessory going.

I know your not feeling the love with it at the moment, but unless your prepared to take a bit of a financial hit, you have little choice but to ride it and prove its unreliable (or not).
    If that happens you have grounds to take further action. If not, well maybe you' will start to love it again :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. TBF they would be buying a broken enduro not a good one....o_O:joy::joy::joy:

Sorry, I'll get my coat :poop:

15. Ducati were brilliant when my Skyhook failed three weeks out of warranty. The factory supplied £1,250-worth of parts FOC - after Snells at Alton (brilliant dealers, who didn't even supply the bike) took up my case. They have a strong relationship with Ducati as it is the only marque they have ever sold.

Snells, who spotted the fault during a service, then fitted the whole lot for £200 saving me, in total, more than £2,000. Moral? enlist a good dealer to help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. My 2013S has on very rare occasions suffered an engine cut out if I am coasting with the clutch engaged, so I don't do it!

17. Just a matter of interest, have you spoken to trading standards?

18. So out of pure interest what is the total mileage you've covered for this One year old machine then.:thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface: @big mark

#60 XH558, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information