1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. That PP price is just unbelievable, does it even have a full Termi system?

2. Nope , don't think the old one will fit either

3. It is a pricey cycle theres no doubt about it.

Must say I’m warming to the look though and the fact is that the increase in torque and the QS addition (if there is one) appeals. Liking the white one and also the grey with the gold wheels.

I’ve looked at link for the H2 Kawasaki thing but that’s pricey too and I just can’t see my missus perched up there on that! I’m due to change next year so the upgrade is an option.

Will my panniers and top box fit? Oh and the smoke screen?

Oh and I’m sure I read on here that models won’t be available until late next year?

4. Posts were originally saying late 2018, but in reality my dealer has orders scheduled to arrive from December this year.

5. I heard from around late december to new year, certainly quicker than previous, get the impression Ducati think they are losing sales, at least the engine sort of proven now

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Top Box should fit the new 2018 model the pillion hand grips are reshaped as per the endure but the mounting looks the same. Panniers are also the same. Available late December / Jan 2018. Screen should be the same mounting as well. Or so I'm told!

7. Thats great to hear veetwin, just need to hear if the exhaust system will be the same now :yum

I assume the seats are the same as 2017 bike too ?

8. I would be surprised if exhaust was the same

9. it's 20000 pounds!! Do folk really care about swapping over a 50 quid screen etc, to influence the decision??

10. Probably not. But a 2k system may be a different story ;)

11. It’s going to be more like 22k, if your going to buy a PP then you really have to shed the cat don’t you, after all it’s the sport version and who wants to lug around a few kilos of useless metal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I am told the seats are new / different and that the 2015+ seats will not fit so will have to get a new Comfort seat for the 2018 bikes, Not sure about the exhaust but its the Diavel engine so there will be differences in layout / angles etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bugger.
    Wayne, it's not so much about swapping bits over (well not for me anyway), it's more about availability of accessories, both genuine and aftermarket.
    I will buy a mount to use the top box from my 2012, but everything else I need to buy.
    I've already started my shopping list, if the bits for 17 and 18 were the same it makes it easy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. No way would a screen influence a decision to buy but screen, panniers, top box, pannier and top box bags, tank bag added together would save a pretty penny.

15. That's if you're daft enough to spend 2k on a little short exhaust system. :rolleyes:

16. Anybody tell me if there is definitely QS on the new model as standard or as add on and if so does the Ducati system work on up shift only or both ways - ta.

17. Ducati QS up and down is a standard fitment to the 1260S, 1260S D Air and 1260 Pikes Peak. It is not standard fitment to the base model. Andy

18. I wonder if it will find as many neutrals :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. 1D0E92A3-AAE5-4909-AA9D-221862450F46.jpeg

Seen it at EICMA. It’s not that different visually. Has slightly different side panels and minor changes to the dash. Seat looks slightly different and appears to fit better. Not sure I would change unless you were due a change anyway.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Metropolis in London said the same thing.....

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information