1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. My V10 was manual as the r-tronic was awful, the S tronic is much better but still preferred the gated manual box. Like you say... Horses for courses eh.

2. All in all these photos are a nice photoshop attempt. Did you notice the extra brake reservoir in front of the aluminum sump guard?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. and in the sat nav picture the speedo is showing 50 kmh when clearly the bike is stationary

4. All sounds interesting. I'm in the market for a new one next year.
    I can't say an auto would be on my wish list. Slightly bigger pannier would make the wife happy, and integrated sat nav would be great as long as I can create routes on my pc and upload an entire trips worth. Same goes for the trip logs, fuel stops, etc.
    If they go with an undermounted silencer I just hope it doesn't cause ground clearance problems when pushing on and two up. If it nakes the centre stand stick out more than my 2013 it would get taken off.

5. You keep your wife in the pannier? Not exhaust side I hope :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Now There's a thought :blush:

7. Got an Audi RS6 4.2 V8 changes gear instantly, more controll, focus on the drive, amaizing.
    On my Mmultistrada, like switching to an electric bike, never!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nothing official in the background through the dealer network. Most of the time we get to find out before the press do in October behind closed doors.
    Always lots of imaginative reports on the web though and occasionally the odd accurate leak ;).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  9. I test drove a V10 with either the S or R tronic, I honestly can't remember. I thought it was pretty decent ... until I bought my Nissan GT-R, which is where my money got spent in the end. The gearbox is amazing, but largely because it's essentially a manual sequential gearbox which is automatically actuated. I never really drive it in "auto" and tend to drive it as I would a manual car or probably closer in technique to a motorcycle with a quick-shifter and auto-blipper, just pulling on the paddles continually going up and down the box, and it's absolutely incredible. The owners manual actually tells you to not use the gearbox in 'auto' mode when it's cold, and so you tend to start in manual mode and you end up staying there because it's just such a good experience.

I wouldn't want an automatic gearbox on a bike. Just a conventional gearbox with a quick-shifter and an auto-blipper, the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Well done for spotting that!

Looks good though, will be interesting to see it 'in the flesh' when it comes out..

11. Personally I like the Multistrada as it is a big v twin there's more than enough electronic gadgets for the majority of people

• Like Like x 1
  12. I heard that they were going to put an Indian Enfield engine in it lol. I hope that the Indian firm are affected more by Ducati than the other way around. I think the buy out will be more as a financial and technical acquirement but it will make me think twice if they are manufactured in a country where the best bikes leak oil from a 1950's designed bike. I own a 1950's Royal Enfield Super Meteor and as a classic bike it is superb, but the Indian made bikes are no where near as good as my 60 plus year old machine. All I am saying folk, is the Quality control may be a tad lower and the metals not as technically or chemically correct for purpose. As a Ducato fan, I am wooorrried massively about the marks future, as I was when Chorus (former British Steel) were bought by TATA of India. The company was purchased just to gain the technology and the orders then run into the ground with the orders going to India where car parts for major firms are now manufactured. As I said, I am worried.

13. I realise this reply is a little off the topic but I heard that they were going to put an Indian Enfield engine in it lol. I hope that the Indian firm are affected more by Ducati than the other way around. I think the buy out will be more as a financial and technical acquirement but it will make me think twice if they are manufactured in a country where the best bikes leak oil from a 1950's designed bike. I own a 1950's Royal Enfield Super Meteor and as a classic bike it is superb, but the Indian made bikes are no where near as good as my 60 plus year old machine. All I am saying folk, is the Quality control may be a tad lower and the metals not as technically or chemically correct for purpose. As a Ducati owner and fan, I am wooorrried massively about the marks future, as I was when Chorus (former British Steel) were bought by TATA of India. The company was purchased just to gain the technology and the orders then run into the ground with the orders going to India where car parts for major firms are now manufactured. As I said, I am worried.

14. I rather Ducati was owned by a car manufacturer than Harley Davidson, I cannot see any benefits for Ducati Owners and Lovers with HD owning Ducati, HD's biggest Competition is the X Diavel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Not a good article: even the title - Ducati is NOT a rival to HD, as I'd expect there to be little crossover in the demographic other than people who own both a Harley AND a Ducati - I can't imagine there being many situations where anyone would be choosing HD OR Ducati. Which of course would be an argument for HD buying Ducati.

But… …HD is in rather dangerous waters and I doubt has the reserves to keep up Ducati's investment in new/updated models. What we would see is a further degeneration of the brand into "lifestyle", so we'd get many more product tie-ins and less innovation in the machines themselves.

As for quality, that's where the VAG ownership has really come unstuck: I'd held out high hopes for Audi ownership wrt product quality, but what appears to have happened is that quality has become more consistent, but at a lower level than was previously achieved. I've always been able to cope with a Ducati that was genius engineering at its heart but a bit flaky in the ancillaries, whereas what we seem to have now is more of the motorcycle as a consumer appliance.

So I wouldn't be against a VAG sell-off, but don't think HD is the right owner - I'd rather see InvestIndustrial get back into the game.

16. Reading the report I can see that the company owners (VAG accountants) are definitely having a crisis and that the owners are trying to make a quick buck by off loading the company for profit or to reduce burdening costs, I'm even more concerned now lol.

17. Yep, horses for courses, I'm a fully manual bloke, both cars and bikes, it's the way I was dragged up. I don't like any of the electronic aids that come with new bikes, my automatic road hold brake on my Pikes Peak even gets on my nerves. When I'm on a hill I put my rear brake on, and until I lose use of my right foot I will enjoy putting my rear brake on lol :) as for ABS ,yes it's safer but I am more astute at braking on the bike and in my car than the silly on off on off scenario I get on track day riding. I wish I could turn the lot off and just be in full control. Yes 'Safety Aids' are a good thing, but please give us the choice as to when and where we use them manufacturers. Freedom of choice anyone?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The what now? I don't think mine has that.

It's a MY16, what's yours?

19. With the bike engine on, give a sharp stamp on the rear brake.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information