1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. The Multi will have the X Diavel engine next year.

2. Yep, I agree with that. Super engine, and a lot tidier with the water pump up between the V rather than sticking out the side.

3. Is this now known as fact, or just wishful thinking so far ? :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. An 'educated' guess.

5. Damn, was hoping for the unchanged 1299 Superleggera engine !!! ;)

6. Bigger engine will be nice, but will it drink even more fuel :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. When I rode the XDiavel, I was very impressed with the engine, although I do have my reservations on the top-end response (on the basis that smaller engines are usually sweeter), but a 2018 Multi with that and a semi-active Ohlins option would probably be enough to prise me out of my '10. A v4 Multi similarly equipped would have me looking for grannies to hock…

8. I think, but I could be wrong, if you give the front brake a hard squeeze it works as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. :laughing:
    As nice as it would be Richard I doubt they will offer semi active, only skyhook and base, which is a shame. Oh and possibly manual ohlins on the PP (unlikely to buy that).
    I've not ridden the xdiavel, only the normal one. TBH I would be quite happy with the current engine, but the amount of oil they seem to drink is concerning (3x 2015 on MTS's plus 2x pre 2015 plus a diavel on recent trip to Alps. earlier bikes used no oil, all later bikes used between 0.5 and 2 litres, for a 2k5 mile trip :eek:)
    I really dont want to have to go back to the days of carrying a bottle of oil again.

Also, not sure I want to be a beta tester for the new v4 engine :no_mouth:

10. Good point about the beta test, although the DesmoQuadro seemed to get away without chronic major issues (?). Hadn't realised that the DVTs were such oil burners - I remember all too well (as I'm sure you do), those sunny Sundays chasing around rural French garages in search of semi-synthetic for oil-burning BMWs. Mine '10 used slightly under 1l between services and hasn't used any in 5k miles since its Desmo service. And, like you, I regard the PP as under-spec'd and overpriced: it hasn't even got forged wheels or a real exhaust for £20k, ferchrissake.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Pikes peak = some stickers and a carbon screen :joy:

Many a rider has done their own version to much better spec.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Automatic gearbox, cruise control? next you will be wanting an ashtray and air con.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Who cares?? :upyeah:

14. Don't get @AirCon involved, he'll be straight in trying to get the tender :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. My Dvt has burned approx 0.5 litre in 1 year and 7000 miles, did you run it in correctly?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. You learn something new everyday, I thought it only worked by pulling front, never tried rear.

17. The hill start function is great, and quite useful. The only trouble is I find 10 seconds is not long enough. 20 or 25 seconds would be more helpful, or better still a menu item to select the timer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It works on the rear but only if you can press the bloody inaccessible pedal :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I've read this about the brake before, but have no issue with the rear brake lever at all, I am size 8 in boots, is the brake lever a foot size issue?

• Like Like x 1
  20. It is a known fact now apparently I read on Facebook they have applied for some omission thingy for 1260 mts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information